Disney +

I'm just going to wait and marathon through the whole season.
Me too.

I just finished watching all 7 seasons of Agents of SHIELD. I'd seen parts of the series back when, but it aired during a time when I was really sick. So, I figured I'd give it a rewatch. It really wasn't a bad series, but I can understand why they don't consider it MCU canon.

Next up, I'm going to watch The Inhumans. I hear it's not so good, but it aired the year I got my transplant. I missed a lot of TV during that time. I'm just trying to catch up on my Marvel watching. After that, I'll probably watch the Marvel stuff that originally aired on Netflix. I saw parts of those, too, but, again, missed out on a lot when I was sick. I remember liking the first season of Daredevil.

Me too.

I just finished watching all 7 seasons of Agents of SHIELD. I'd seen parts of the series back when, but it aired during a time when I was really sick. So, I figured I'd give it a rewatch. It really wasn't a bad series, but I can understand why they don't consider it MCU canon.
I dont believe any of that stuff is canonical, although KP and DD have made cameos in the MCU.

I dont believe any of that stuff is canonical, although KP and DD have made cameos in the MCU.

Agents is a bit trickier becaues for the first 2 seasons or so they tied pretty heavily into the current MCU movie coming out, but after that they kind of did their own thing without outright contradicting the MCU and every now and then name dropping things happening. They even named dropped Thanos in the end of Season 5 when Infnity War was coming out. But where it went sideways was the writers for Agents were NOT allowed to know the plot for Endgame, so when Season 6 came out it said it was 1 year later and no mention of the snap or anything, and then Endgame does the 5 year jump ahead. At that point they weren't in sync. The connection was always one way though, the movies never really referenced Agents so if you make Agents disappear it has no effect on the movies.

The rest....I don't think they'll ever outright say the Netflix shows aren't canon anymore but since they are using most of the same actors they'll just go with "soft reboot" type. Inhumans they'll definitely never reference again though Anson Mount will probably be Black Bolt again when they do Inhumans proper. Runaways and Cloak&Dagger are probably never going to be referenced.

I only watched a few episodes of Agents. It just so “Network TV”. I did pop in after Winter Soldier just to see what they would do and thought it was cool the used it as a storyline.

I didn’t watch any of the non-Netflix stuff and even that I only finished DD and Defenders. Didn’t watch any IF or Cage.

I only watched a few episodes of Agents. It just so “Network TV”. I did pop in after Winter Soldier just to see what they would do and thought it was cool the used it as a storyline.

I didn’t watch any of the non-Netflix stuff and even that I only finished DD and Defenders. Didn’t watch any IF or Cage.

Jessica Jones was pretty good if you didn't check it out.

1st season of DD was good, 2nd was weaker. Iron Fist was terrible, and Luke Cage was just ok.

Last edited:
Jessica Jones was pretty good if you didn't check it out.

I feel like maybe I finished the first season but didn’t watch the second. Same for Punisher even though I loved Bernthal in the role.

It wasn’t because I didn’t like the shows. I guess I didn’t love them and was easily distracted by something else and never went back to finish them.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Disney pulling back on making Marvel, Star Wars content, Iger says

I think this is for the best. At least with Marvel I think it was best served when it was only 2 movies per year.

Probably should limit the shows to no more than two as well. I know part of the glut was to build up some original content for D+ but I think it became overwhelming for some people to think they had to watch 5 shows and 3 movies a year to keep up (even if you really didn’t HAVE to watch it all).

As for Star Wars. Just hand it over to Filoni and Favreau and get out of the way. Even their misfire’s are better than most.

I feel like maybe I finished the first season but didn’t watch the second. Same for Punisher even though I loved Bernthal in the role.

It wasn’t because I didn’t like the shows. I guess I didn’t love them and was easily distracted by something else and never went back to finish them.

Season 2 of JJ was not good. Killgrave made season 1.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum

I think this is for the best. At least with Marvel I think it was best served when it was only 2 movies per year.

Probably should limit the shows to no more than two as well. I know part of the glut was to build up some original content for D+ but I think it became overwhelming for some people to think they had to watch 5 shows and 3 movies a year to keep up (even if you really didn’t HAVE to watch it all).

As for Star Wars. Just hand it over to Filoni and Favreau and get out of the way. Even their misfire’s are better than most.

Less quantity and more quality, please. She Hulk was an all-time low for MCU and Disney.

100%

I think everyone should take a step back and a hiatus on super hero movies and "universes" for a while.

Reactions: davethevol

it is. she hulk was ok. but it, the mmph, really ended after falcon and winter soldier. Honestly did anything even move the needle?

VN Store

Back