Disney +

I’ve enjoyed all of the Disney marvel shows except for MoonKnight, which was a big let down. They’d be smart to continue shows with lesser known characters that are independent of the overall story.

Disney pulling back on making Marvel, Star Wars content, Iger says

I think this is for the best. At least with Marvel I think it was best served when it was only 2 movies per year.

Probably should limit the shows to no more than two as well. I know part of the glut was to build up some original content for D+ but I think it became overwhelming for some people to think they had to watch 5 shows and 3 movies a year to keep up (even if you really didn’t HAVE to watch it all).

As for Star Wars. Just hand it over to Filoni and Favreau and get out of the way. Even their misfire’s are better than most.

They need to do more than pull it back. They need to change their whole approach IMO. I'm sick of the "M-She-U". I'm sick of all the shows featuring Mary Sues and "Boss B_tches'. I'm also sick of these shows dripping with left-leaning politics. Disney has placed their political messaging ahead of the storytelling.

Reactions: NEO and CagleMtnVol
They need to do more than pull it back. They need to change their whole approach IMO. I'm sick of the "M-She-U". I'm sick of all the shows featuring Mary Sues and "Boss B_tches'. I'm also sick of these shows dripping with left-leaning politics. Disney has placed their political messaging ahead of the storytelling.
😂

Agreed. It seemed to just end instead of resolving any of the actual storyline(s) they built.
Yup overall I really liked the series, but the last episode just didn't work. As a stand alone episode it was cool and I liked it, but as finale of the series it sucked. Just didn't do anything to finish the season

Not great...

Only 1% was in North America.

India continues to bleed subscribers because they lost the rights to Cricket earlier this year.

Disney is spending way too much money on things. I saw Secret Invasion cost $217 Million. That’s just insane.

Reactions: bigeasy
Only 1% was in North America.

India continues to bleed subscribers because they lost the rights to Cricket earlier this year.

Disney is spending way too much money on things. I saw Secret Invasion cost $217 Million. That’s just insane.
Considering how lackluster it was, it was a waste of money.

Just not enough new content. Netflix, Hulu, even Prime are constantly adding new shows and movies. With Disney you just subscribe, watch what movies you want to watch for a few weeks and then there's no point in staying subscribed.

Reactions: NEO and MAD
Just not enough new content. Netflix, Hulu, even Prime are constantly adding new shows and movies. With Disney you just subscribe, watch what movies you want to watch for a few weeks and then there's no point in staying subscribed.

They constantly have new stuff but it’s mostly for kids. The general audience stuff is spread out too far. That’s why they are about to merge Hulu and D+

I’ve had Covid for the past week so I got to catch up a little bit with some things I’ve been meaning to watch.

Andor - A+ Easily the best Star Wars series to date. Love the Bladerunner/Bourne vibes. Acting is phenomenal with no stunt casting like Mandalorian, Boba Fett or Obi Wan. Tony Gilroy hit it out of the park with this one (for me at least). Looking forward to season 2.

Maybe it’s flashback stuff? It’s hard to tell.
Preview showed him in both flashback and what looked current time. If its anything like comics, if I recall. His suit and girth, helped him deflect many knives, and bullets.

Last edited:
Yeah he is pretty resilient in the comics.

Looks like the eye patch he was wearing is from the Hawkeye finale.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

VN Store

Back