Do you believe?

I believe in Heupel, absolutely. Do I believe in Nico? No, I'm not sure. I saw nothing today in his passing game to make me believe. But yes he's young and super talented
Would you think differently had Keyton finished his route and caught the 55-yard TD in the 3rd quarter? That would have changed the stats to 13/19 for 206 yards and 2 TDs (plus three rushing TDs).

I believe in Heupel, absolutely. Do I believe in Nico? No, I'm not sure. I saw nothing today in his passing game to make me believe. But yes he's young and super talented

He had maybe a play or two he held the ball long, but I thought he made alot of nice throws. Sampson dropped a shovel pass. Keyton mistimed a nicely played throw to the Pylon. Jis OLine was struggling to hold up for him for parts of the game. Also felt there was another play or two his receivers let him down.

Plus, he didn't have much to work with at the receiver position. Once we get Mike Matthews, Chris Brazzel, hopefully Bru McCoy, and Holden Staes, the offense should be humming..

Regardless what some of the fans think about Heupel.. unless we’re just swarmed with injuries next year, 9 games should be the ceiling.

Still think we lose to Bama & Georgia but we have a chance against OU.
I don’t disagree. Building this program, establishing a winning culture does not happen in 2-3 years. Good things can happen in that period of time, but you have to appreciate it all…not just reaching the pinnacle.

Heupel still is saddled with serious recruiting limitations. The good thing is that he identifies talent well, and actually develops players. With his offense established, and an ever-improving defense we are proudly marching out of the dark days and into a more prominent role in the SEC.

We have a special coach, that wants to be here. That was demonstrated when he took on this job not knowing what kind of NCAA trouble the program was facing. He’s a winner, and will be a big winner here…if our fanbase will temper their reactions and let him build his program and culture.

He’s getting his pieces, and solidifying his process. The future is bright.
Best post you ever made.

rewatch and watch his head. He moves through his progressions quickly.
It's funny - I saw Nico in a game week presser taking questions and his head was swiveling around - not jerky- but looking like he was checking down reporters. Dude is something else.

Would you think differently had Keyton finished his route and caught the 55-yard TD in the 3rd quarter? That would have changed the stats to 13/19 for 206 yards and 2 TDs (plus three rushing TDs).
I might. Definitely not our best WR situation and OL didn't look great. Just saw way too many single reads. Maybe I'm being too harsh but there's a lot of hype

I hardly think that’s possible. Have you read some of my other stuff? Sheer poetry.
That one you said I was your hero and you dreamed of being just half as knowledgeable as I was on the game of football and women was pretty good.

It really does seem like Heupel wants to be here and loves being here. That's huge for me.

That one you said I was your hero and you dreamed of being just half as knowledgeable as I was on the game of football and women was pretty good.

It really does seem like Heupel wants to be here and loves being here. That's huge for me.
And I meant every word. Seriously. There was no guile at all in that post.

We may not have gotten the guy we wanted, but we got the guy we needed to return stability to the Hill, and stop the failed coaching carousel. If we allow it.

And I meant every word. Seriously. There was no guile at all in that post.

We may not have gotten the guy we wanted, but we got the guy we needed to return stability to the Hill, and stop the failed coaching carousel. If we allow it.
Couldn't agree more.

Idk if anyone can believe in a QB in one game. See last years bowl game (it got me).

But I did see enough to be excited. That deep ball Keyton stopped on was PERFECT. He made a couple frosh mistakes, but showed poise in some tough rushes. Athleticism? Check. Arm strength? Check. Maturity and vision? Sure looked good. I didn’t see a lot of staring down receivers. He was given the freedom to make most all passes. But more so didn’t force anything.

Considering the sample size is limited, I couldn’t ask for much more.
Condidering our offensive line today or lack of thought Nico did great

Idk if anyone can believe in a QB in one game. See last years bowl game (it got me).

But I did see enough to be excited. That deep ball Keyton stopped on was PERFECT. He made a couple frosh mistakes, but showed poise in some tough rushes. Athleticism? Check. Arm strength? Check. Maturity and vision? Sure looked good. I didn’t see a lot of staring down receivers. He was given the freedom to make most all passes. But more so didn’t force anything.

Considering the sample size is limited, I couldn’t ask for much more.
Agree. Nico looks good so far, but still lots of room to improve. Very high ceiling

Absolutely and will until I can’t anymore.

One things for sure, we need an O Line. And we need one bad. Yes we had guys out, but this was not a great season for that unit. They hurt both Joe and Nico, a lot of it inexplicably.

However, Nico showed today that he can rise to the occasion and not get blinded by the bright lights or the adversity that a game can bring. He made good decisions, improvised under pressure, and showed a level of game intelligence that was reminiscent of Hendon Hooker. On those areas alone, we are going to be in a much better position as a team. He has things that you can’t coach - he just has them.

There will be growing pains. There will be times when he is questioned. But those won’t write the entire tone for the story of his career. I think that’s in his hands alone.

The vanilla, milquetoast play book we saw this year needs to go away from this point forward. Get an o-line, get a secondary with a pulse, and we can start getting on the same level as the big boys of the conference.

I think if you're top 4-5 in the conference you may make it to the playoff. This conference is just good.

Alabama, Georgia.

Missouri was really good, Ole Miss getting better as well.

Then you still have LSU, Florida (Eventually).

This doesn't even count Texas and Oklahoma next year. It'll be tough for sure.
I actually think it's gonna be just as tough to make the playoffs as it has been. With the 6 conference champions getting automatic bids, that only leave 6 at large bids. No way they let in 4 or 5 SEC teams. I think we'll have to be top 3 in the SEC to get in. That's the problem with automatic bids. Should just take the 12 best teams. I still see more controversy in the future, as well as more blowouts of teams like Liberty getting in every year.

Reactions: just bob
I believe in Heupel and have bought in to him more than any coach since Kiffin. Kiffin has the knowledge to be a great coach but still obviously lacks any sense of maturity. Heupel has the knowledge and has his head on straight.

Iamaleava showed plenty today to be excited for next year. Playing behind a sketchy line and limited at WR and RB he did just fine.

The O line had guys out as discussed at length and there were some blocks that Wright and Small probably pick up that Sampson missed.

He pulled the ball and took off displaying some good instincts. Made a few throws early across the field with plenty of zip that a lot of guys don't make. Also showed the ability to throw a more catchable ball than Milton.

He's gonna be a work in progress next year but the ceiling is extremely high on offense.

I actually think it's gonna be just as tough to make the playoffs as it has been. With the 6 conference champions getting automatic bids, that only leave 6 at large bids. No way they let in 4 or 5 SEC teams. I think we'll have to be top 3 in the SEC to get in. That's the problem with automatic bids. Should just take the 12 best teams. I still see more controversy in the future, as well as more blowouts of teams like Liberty getting in every year.
It'll be very tough to get in. Just remember, there is no more Pac-12 so there's like 4 "Power" conferences and the Big 12 and ACC will suck ass. The SEC Conference champ will get in. Then after that there will be 6-7 "Open" slots. I can see the SEC getting 3-4 of them depending on year.

VN Store

Back