Dobbs

This could be his golden opportunity. The 49ers are a great team and Brock Purdy is nothing special and they're not financially invested into him. Also Purdy has apparently been turning the ball over like crazy in training camp. If he struggles to start the year I could see him getting benched. Niners fans on Twitter are already calling for Dobbs to be QB1 after Purdy struggled tonight and Dobbs shined. If this happens during the regular season you'll hear the fans calling for Dobbs to grow even louder.
I was reading this and thought who would write such a stupid ass thing. Like it’s great that Dobbs had a good preseason game but only someone completely out of touch with reality would say someone who has proven to be a backup will replace a pro-bowl, QB that played well enough to win the Super Bowl.

*checks name on post*

Actually, I think Dobbs will probably get traded to the Chiefs and take over for Mahomes.

He was also dayumed for not staying in the pocket to run designed plays. His nickname "Fran the Scram" was originally meant as an insult. But like Josh, Fran was who he was.

IIRC, his coach finally stopped trying to mold him into something he simply wasn't.
Fran made something happen with any kind of blitz or broken play, often throwing a perfect pass after scrambling. Dobbs has been ineffective with blitzes up the middle. That's his weakness. His worst plays throughout his career have been when the defense starts dialing those up from any formation

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was reading this and thought who would write such a stupid ass thing. Like it’s great that Dobbs had a good preseason game but only someone completely out of touch with reality would say someone who has proven to be a backup will replace a pro-bowl, QB that played well enough to win the Super Bowl.

*checks name on post*

Actually, I think Dobbs will probably get traded to the Chiefs and take over for Mahomes.
Great, effective NFL QBs make bad offensive lines look mediocre and mediocre ones look exceptional at times. As smart as he is, that's an instinct he doesn't possess

This could be his golden opportunity. The 49ers are a great team and Brock Purdy is nothing special and they're not financially invested into him. Also Purdy has apparently been turning the ball over like crazy in training camp. If he struggles to start the year I could see him getting benched. Niners fans on Twitter are already calling for Dobbs to be QB1 after Purdy struggled tonight and Dobbs shined. If this happens during the regular season you'll hear the fans calling for Dobbs to grow even louder.

Dobbs has a solid defense to back him up.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman

*checks name on post*

Don’t get him excited…doctor’s orders. 😅

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Dobbs will never be a legit starter, but then again, how cool is it to be able to say you're one of the best 50 or so QBs walking the earth right now?
Oh, yeah? Then why have both the Xeelee and the Q Continuum offered him a position on their respective teams?

I said the same thing last year. He needs to firmly establish himself as QB2 on a quality team. He's only been able to do it one other time in his career and that's when he was QB2 for the Steelers early in his career. Some of our fans think "if they give him a chance" and let him play his game like he did in college he'll succeed as a QB1. The NFL is not college. Notice what happened last year when teams started scheming against him. He can be a reliable backup, but that's it
To be fair, in neither situation did Dobbs have time to learn the playbook. He was acquired two weeks before the season started by Arizona and then was traded midseason to the Vikings. In neither case, did he have the time to really gel with his teammates and master the playbook.

Just like VIking fans huh? And by Twitter, you mean you right?

Just like VIking fans huh? And by Twitter, you mean you right?

49ers is an even better situation. They have arguably the best offensive mastermind at head coach and a loaded roster on both sides of the ball that has made multiple super bowls with different QBs in the last 5 years.

Go and look up the comment section to any video from the last preseason game. You'll see countless posts of people calling for Dobbs to be QB1 over Purdy. Lots of people view Purdy despite his success as a game manager. A guy who isn't making plays but simply benefits from not messing up given the talent around him. If a talented player like Dobbs takes over that offense the assumption is he could take it even higher.

VN Store

Back