Does anyone one know what unis Tennessee is wearing this Saturday?

I hope I'm welcone over here after behaving well in the other thread.

The Duke's Mayo Classic(est 2015) has always designated the team from the Carolinas the "Home" team if it is against a non Carolinas Team. For that reason I's be shocked if State isn't in WRW.

UT on the other hand could potentially opt for road whites(like Uga did vs Clem in 21) or we could potentially see a color vs color matchup like we've seen in UNCvsUSC(2023 and 2015) or Central vs A&T(2022).

Fwiw, the last time these teams matched up in Atl it was color vs color. Though I'm fairly certain State won't go all red again.

It wasn't traditional during Johnny Majors tenure. The road pants were always orange under CJM. Fulmer came out with the storm trooper look and due to the feud with Majors, disallowed the orange britches. Not sure if they came back under Kiffin, but for sure they made appearance from Dooley on.

I like the mat finish orange a lot more than the silky looking ones from the 80's.

Actually, the team wore black cleats in Fulmer's era - at least during the 90s - can't recall when the full all white storm trooper came into existence. Seems like that's more of a newish thing.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Actually, the team wore black cleats in Fulmer's era - at least during the 90s - can't recall when the full all white storm trooper came into existence. Seems like that's more of a newish thing.
The white cleats started in The Dooley era I believe.

I'm not sure orange pants are more traditional. When we started having to wear white jerseys in the 1970s on the road, we wore white pants until Majors got there. Then we wore orange the entire time Majors was coach with the exception of a couple of games. When Fulmer took over we always wore white on the road. The orange pants were only worn a couple of times at home in an all orange look
Major didn't seem to care for the A-W but I do remember we worn them in 79 against Bama

Yeah just once or twice but the all white is the traditional.
No, the white over orange is traditional. Johnny Majors teams almost always wore those on the road, with a few exceptions. Fulmer was the coach who made the stormtroopers the more common road uniform.

Like it when we mix our away uniforms throughout the season and wear all orange for the homecoming game. Still perplexed why we went away from the white shirt/ orange britches away uniform throughout fulmer’s time until the 08 ucla game.

VN Store

Back