Does opting out affect NIL pay?

NIL deals cannot have any relationship with playing time or performance in anyway whatsoever. Pay for play is still illegal in the NCAA. NIL deals are basically endorsement deals where a player can earn money off of his popularity.
Would it be possible for an NIL booster to get, say, autographed jerseys from each player (client), then sell them to another booster if the player plays in the game, and if not, tell the
client, "oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't find a buyer?"

Bowl games for the last more than a few years and players quitting tells me what I need to know. These bowl games are complete garbage

Bowl games for the last more than a few years and players quitting tells me what I need to know. These bowl games are complete garbage
These bowls have been complete garbage for years when only 2000 fans show up to watch. The only bowls that ever mattered were the big 6

Would it be possible for an NIL booster to get, say, autographed jerseys from each player (client), then sell them to another booster if the player plays in the game, and if not, tell the
client, "oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't find a buyer?"

I imagine players get paid a flat rate for signing x amount of jerseys, instead of getting paid a royalty for each one sold. But I don't know for sure.

Hard to say. Some schools and states pay the players the moment they commit, which is before they play, enroll, and sign.

There is probably similar variation on when the money stops.

NIL deals cannot have any relationship with playing time or performance in anyway whatsoever. Pay for play is still illegal in the NCAA. NIL deals are basically endorsement deals where a player can earn money off of his popularity.

NIL is falling short of what the issue was to begin with. Televised games are generating sponsorship money and the featured people are not getting any of it. NIL is a half assed solution and it won’t be the end all for college athletes.

NIL is an appeasement meant to protect the pockets of TV networks. It shouldn’t go away, but it is a tiny part of what a player in a major conference deserves. - When that happens, few kids will opt out of bowl games.

Reactions: Carp

VN Store

Back