Does Rocky Top hurt Tennessee football?

I guess I must be the most naive person on the face of the earth. When I first heard Rocky Top back in the early 1970's when i was in my early 20's, I heard it was supposed to be a happy song, unlike other Bluegrass and Country songs that were about dying or losing your girl. With that as background, I thought about those two strangers who went upon Rocky Top looking for a moonshine still. I supposed they found the still and found some people sipping moonshine and joined them. Before long, those two were no longer strangers anymore. Everybody was feeling pretty good. Now that these persons are not strangers anymore, they got to looking around and like what they saw. It became "Home, sweet, home" to them, too. That's why the strangers didn't come down from Rocky Top, no need to. Why would anybody want to leave? "Rocky Top, you'll always be, home, sweet, home, to me, Good Ol' Rocky Top, Rocky Top, Tennessee".
They were federal agents and our ancestors killed em and buried em on the mountain

Rocky Top doesn't hurt UT athletics, the Woo does!

Since the Woo became a permanent fixture and UT got rid of the white goal post pads, there's been no hardware on The Hill.
Not a legit cause and effect, but disrespect of the Woo? Oh it's on Mister

I guess I must be the most naive person on the face of the earth. When I first heard Rocky Top back in the early 1970's when i was in my early 20's, I heard it was supposed to be a happy song, unlike other Bluegrass and Country songs that were about dying or losing your girl. With that as background, I thought about those two strangers who went upon Rocky Top looking for a moonshine still. I supposed they found the still and found some people sipping moonshine and joined them. Before long, those two were no longer strangers anymore. Everybody was feeling pretty good. Now that these persons are not strangers anymore, they got to looking around and like what they saw. It became "Home, sweet, home" to them, too. That's why the strangers didn't come down from Rocky Top, no need to. Why would anybody want to leave? "Rocky Top, you'll always be, home, sweet, home, to me, Good Ol' Rocky Top, Rocky Top, Tennessee".
I guess it’s open for interpretation. I say If it makes you feel better then go with it

"It is also racist and takes me back to a time when toothless heathens controlled much of the South. Shame on those hillbilly bastards for not taking the time to come up with a more acceptable fight song."

???

Rocky Top is the "F Tha Police" for white folks. You do know two G-Men were killed (allegedly) in the song?
You do realize given today's lyrics that are popular with the demographic you are defending, this should be a very popular song.

VN Store

Back