DOJ Charges Trump Supporter for Twitter Memes

I get where you are coming from but it's not just misinformation. I get the slippery slope and that is concerning but it takes a big leap to go from this specific case to any kind of misinformation. Assuming he is guilty, this is unique in that the intent/result is to deprive people of their vote. As a matter of principle, is it OK to swindle people out of their vote but not OK to intimidate them out of their vote? What is the difference?

Surely you would think it's criminal to set up fake voting booths to trick people into voting there, so where do we draw the line?

What if people sent out unsolicited ballots and someone else said "Use it; doesn't matter; you don't have to be a citizen, have ID, or anything else. You can vote as many times as you have ballots. Just sign with the addressee's name"?

Reactions: StarRaider
The guy screwed up. Obviously he should have identified as news media with an opinion. No limits there, and no qualification required. Now "influencer" can be confused with "propagandist", and we all know they are evil.

Blm does it every day. I never knew law abiding black people were tracked down and killed daily for just being black.

Reactions: AM64
This has to be a hoax played on the MSM. Why would the justice department go after this guy, tax fraud they couldn't prove so let's find something.
They will need to get some of the 5000 texters to testify they were actually so stupid, and ignorant of our voting laws and procedures that they fell for this, believing that this was a legal vote not just a poll. If they are actually that stupid, cross examination should leave them twisting in the wind.
If I'm mister "Vaughn's" attorney I get the list of all 5000 texters, compare it to the voter rolls, see if any of those people voted in the election and demand they be brought up on voter fraud charges too.

This has to be a hoax played on the MSM. Why would the justice department go after this guy, tax fraud they couldn't prove so let's find something.
They will need to get some of the 5000 texters to testify they were actually so stupid, and ignorant of our voting laws and procedures that they fell for this, believing that this was a legal vote not just a poll. If they are actually that stupid, cross examination should leave them twisting in the wind.
If I'm mister "Vaughn's" attorney I get the list of all 5000 texters, compare it to the voter rolls, see if any of those people voted in the election and demand they be brought up on voter fraud charges too.
It would be amazing to get someone on the stand and have them walk you through their thought process of thinking a meme they saw on social media convinced them they could vote by phone.

Instead of a poll tax we could ask registered voters if they can vote by phone. If they say yes we revoke their voting privileges.

It would be amazing to get someone on the stand and have them walk you through their thought process of thinking a meme they saw on social media convinced them they could vote by phone.

Instead of a poll tax we could ask registered voters if they can vote by phone. If they say yes we revoke their voting privileges.

No doubt about it. If we want better politicians we have to have a better electorate, and that definitely doesn't mean adding to the pool.

Reactions: Wireless1
Twitter Promotes Story Using ‘Breached’ Data To Dox Police – After Banning NY Post For ‘Hacked Material’

Twitter's featured story doxxes low-level police officers who donated small amounts to help colleagues who have garnered the ire of Black Lives Matter, using data apparently hacked from charity website GiveSendGo.

British news outlet The Guardian published an article Friday, based on information from a group that specializes in trafficking hacked materials, listing the names of low-level police employees who anonymously donated to funds supporting the due process rights of colleagues who have garnered the ire of Black Lives Matter.

The Guardian story is based on a “data breach at a Christian crowdfunding website” GiveSendGo that was shared with the outlet by the group Distributed Denial of Secrets (DDOS).

A typical section in the story named rank-and-file Wisconsin police officers who had donated small amounts to offset expenses of fellow Wisconsin officer Rusten Sheskey, who faced a probe after shooting knife-wielding suspect Jacob Blake:

Reactions: DC_Vol

VN Store

Back