Don’t understand Seldon situation.

Tennessee will be without starting left tackle Lance Heard and some other young players for Saturday night’s game against Kent State at Neyland Stadium. The seventh-ranked Vols officially ruled out Heard, the transfer from LSU, in addition to running back Cameron Seldon and LEOs Caleb Herring and Jordan Ross ahead of kickoff against the Golden Flashes after all of them were not in uniform during pregame warmups.

Blame it on the spotters in the booth, they are feeding the wrong names to the announcers. They did show Selden on the sidelines with jersey on but in street clothes. The producers in the truck trying to get their attention.

He didn’t play on special teams. That was Boo Carter, they called him Seldon at least once. Seldon was on the sidelines and without pads it looked like.
And they kept calling Squirrel McCoy on returns it was maddening.

Was it a concussion or the preseason injury? Hopefully he's healthy for next week. If not, he will have the bye week and be ready for the heart of the SEC schedule. We look good at RB right now, but it's a long season and we will need him
I “think” maybe he was still a bit nicked up. He had off season surgery on his shoulder I believe. I think his initial recovery time line was later. Possible that he came back a little too early, maybe felt fine before the strain of game action. Sometimes things feel fine, you feel strong but maybe something’s still in your mind when you take contact. Cam brings a lot of good things to the offense but we haven’t needed him to this point in the season; him coming back 100% is more important for the next part of our schedule. Idk what kind of pass catcher Bishop is but both Cam and Sampson are good receivers.

He was recovering from a shoulder injury and then took a head shot during UTC game that strained his neck on the same side. Given the current depth and talent at RB, there’s been no reason to rush him back. He’s an excellent back, but isn’t urgently needed. My guess is he’ll return for Arkansas, following the bye week after OU, but there’s a small chance he’ll travel to OU.

I “think” maybe he was still a bit nicked up. He had off season surgery on his shoulder I believe. I think his initial recovery time line was later. Possible that he came back a little too early, maybe felt fine before the strain of game action. Sometimes things feel fine, you feel strong but maybe something’s still in your mind when you take contact. Cam brings a lot of good things to the offense but we haven’t needed him to this point in the season; him coming back 100% is more important for the next part of our schedule. Idk what kind of pass catcher Bishop is but both Cam and Sampson are good receivers.
Bishop made a nice catch on a 3rd and long against Chattanooga for a first down.
All of our Runners can catch pretty well.

Lewis got some nice run on Saturday too and just in time.

I’m not the coach but I honestly wouldn’t let Cam back until after the bye- week. And even when he is back slowly bring him along.

Seldon doesn't appear to be built tough enough to play RB in the SEC. He's had way too many nagging injuries so far. I thought his first claim to fame was as a WR in HS. Maybe such a move should be considered. That said we had better land at least one, if not 2, stud RBs in the the 25 class.

Reactions: Plove23
Seldon doesn't appear to be built tough enough to play RB in the SEC. He's had way too many nagging injuries so far. I thought his first claim to fame was as a WR in HS. Maybe such a move should be considered. That said we had better land at least one, if not 2, stud RBs in the the 25 class.
That’s a bit presumptuous.

Questioning a player who came back from injury 3 weeks sooner than anyone thought he would?

VN Store

Back