Donald Rumsfeld Died

All crimes are not forgiven on death. But the case is moved to another court with a much wiser judge. By definition, human applied punishments cannot proceed beyond death. We have lost jurisdiction at the edge of the grave
And that limits my ability to call them trash?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
All crimes are not forgiven on death. But the case is moved to another court with a much wiser judge. By definition, human applied punishments cannot proceed beyond death. We have lost jurisdiction at the edge of the grave
Interesting. Do you give Hitler and Pol Pot the same respect in death?

Interesting. Do you give Hitler and Pol Pot the same respect in death?
Respect? No. Sadness that a life that began as an innocent baby became such a monster and caused so much pain and suffering. God himself says that he takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. A death of such a person is a soul lost forever. A soul that could have been something so much better.

Rumsfeld was a war criminal who shoulda spent his last days in a poorly funded Eastern European short term care facility.
For all the grammar Nazis out there YES I do realize I forgot to include hyphens in this statement!

Didn’t know the man but the fact the msm and liberals hated him so much indicates he was probably a really good guy. Did send me an autographed picture once though. Anyway I believe you shouldn’t speak ill of the dead.

Everyone has pretty much forgotten how scared and fearful this country was in the years immediately after 2001. but a LOT of people in this country, including in DC were understandably convinced that this was just the opening salvo in a long term war with extremists funded by bad actors in the Middle East including Iraq. Hindsight shows that Hussein didn’t have the weapons we feared he did thankfully but think of the danger of he had had them. It is easy almost 20 years after the fact to harshly judge Rumsfeld, Cheney and that administration, but put yourself in their shoes in the world in which they lived. Would have have been willing to risk leaving Hussein alone with what many people believed was an active weapons program after more than 3000 Americans had just been murdered in cold blood. It was a tough decision and there were no „safe“ answers. Rumsfeld got it wrong. I bet a LOT of the people critiquing him today would have too. Remember how YOU felt in those days and how far you would have went to prevent the next attack.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Everyone has pretty much forgotten how scared and fearful this country was in the years immediately after 2001. but a LOT of people in this country, including in DC were understandably convinced that this was just the opening salvo in a long term war with extremists funded by bad actors in the Middle East including Iraq. Hindsight shows that Hussein didn’t have the weapons we feared he did thankfully but think of the danger of he had had them. It is easy almost 20 years after the fact to harshly judge Rumsfeld, Cheney and that administration, but put yourself in their shoes in the world in which they lived. Would have have been willing to risk leaving Hussein alone with what many people believed was an active weapons program after more than 3000 Americans had just been murdered in cold blood. It was a tough decision and there were no „safe“ answers. Rumsfeld got it wrong. I bet a LOT of the people critiquing him today would have too. Remember how YOU felt in those days and how far you would have went to prevent the next attack.
I get what you are saying. I hate most of them over there anyway. I just don’t think we spent our blood wisely. It wasn’t so much just taking Sadam out but the 20 years of bleeding in the sand that bothers me. To me the answers to Islamic terror is to simply quit letting them immigrate to our country.

WTF did Saddam have to do with 9/11?

I think he was part of the war machine/military industrial complex and most likely a horrible human being.
When I worked on the Hill, I had an occasion to meet him. Maybe I caught him off guard, but I asked him about Iraq because my dad, when he was still serving, went to Iraq several times. I asked what kind of things he thought, in hindsight, we could learn from being over there. I could tell he was kind of annoyed by the question, and gave a non response and changed the subject. Which I thought was weird since it wasn’t a loaded or accusatory question. In fact a relatively innocuous that would be easy for someone like him to answer. He just came across out of touch, like a typical creature of DC.

Reactions: clarksvol00

VN Store

Back