The Impeachment Thread

In before "I made some promises as part of a plan that is secret and only I can pull off. They were never real. It is part of my master plan as the chosen one. Its the Democrats and the Fake News that are treasonous and trying to stop America form being successful."

Or words to that effect.

I love that we have no idea what this is but half of the people here seem certain it's bad and the other half seem certain that it's fine.

Take a step back and give yourselves a good look.
Since it's a whistleblower, it can't be good.

I love that we have no idea what this is but half of the people here seem certain it's bad and the other half seem certain that it's fine.

There's bad to see here, but the president has every right to keep it secret, just like his tax returns.

One thing I find noteworthy is that Trump has gone dark on twitter for about 12 hours, now. One possibility is that he is deep in the tank with his people recognizing that he has got himself into a world of hurt.

There's bad to see here, but the president has every right to keep it secret, just like his tax returns.

Actually, that is incorrect. The statute is clear. And it should concern everyone that the IG has said the report is both credible and urgent.

One thing I find noteworthy is that Trump has gone dark on twitter for about 12 hours, now. One possibility is that he is deep in the tank with his people recognizing that he has got himself into a world of hurt.

Actually, that is incorrect. The statute is clear. And it should concern everyone that the IG has said the report is both credible and urgent.

No he hasn’t

From the OP's link:

Does the DNI have the authority to withhold an ICWPA complaint from the congressional intelligence committees to protect information for which it claims the deliberative process privilege?

The current jurisprudence on this matter supports the argument that the executive branch can assert the deliberative process privilege to withhold information that would reveal its decisionmaking processes from a congressional subpoena, but says that in doing so the executive branch must jump through some hoops. The relevant ruling, however, is procedurally complicated and of dubious precedential value, due to the political machinations of the parties in litigation.

It goes on to explain that this was done under the Obama Administration in Fast and Furious. It was in appeals court waiting a ruling when the election took place and circumstances rendered it moot. Read the rest from the article if you want more than a summary.

Seems to me if the Whistleblower has legitimate, earth-shattering information that should be shared, all he/she/it has to do is call a Democrat and spill the beans, right? Don't think anyone can prevent that...

Reactions: Hayezb
Seems to me if the Whistleblower has legitimate, earth-shattering information that should be shared, all he/she/it has to do is call a Democrat and spill the beans, right? Don't think anyone can prevent that...

The statute allows it but requires he give advance notice that he plans to do so. You can only imagine the threats he is getting from Barr, et al.

Reactions: MontyPython
The statute allows it but requires he give advance notice that he plans to do so. You can only imagine the threats he is getting from Barr, et al.

Well, he's a dead man walking from the point he became a whistleblower. By dead man, I mean fired, of course. They ain't gonna go all Clinton on him/her/it.

Ohhh the horror....a President makes a promise.

On some level, you're right. It's just a "promise".

I say that because given Trumps track record, his "word" is worth exactly 1 ton of dog sht. No one with a functioning brain on the planet should buy a used car from Donald at this point.

In before "I made some promises as part of a plan that is secret and only I can pull off. They were never real. It is part of my master plan as the chosen one. Its the Democrats and the Fake News that are treasonous and trying to stop America form being successful."

Or words to that effect.

Looks like I was dead on right, just moments before his tweets.

Yeah well people are burned out with " the little boy that cried wolf" scenarios

The IG says the complaint was credible and urgent. By law, when that asessment is made, it is supposed to be transmitted to Congress. Period. There is no discretion.

That Trump and the DOJ under Barr are blocking it should tell you something right there.

That, I find concerning.

As to the rest, I am going to have to see some substance before I get too worked up over this.

Obama was the biggest ass-kisser President known to mankind.....he had Putin's back to do anything evil.

You have lost the ability to credibly make such claims. For the record, it is a claim that I once agreed with, but DT has placed his lips firmly in the bunghole of many leaders while pretending to be a bad ass.

Dare I say it? George W. Bush was a big bad ass compared to his two successors.

VN Store

Back