The Impeachment Thread

Trump made a bad choice of words just like these folks did:

Dem. Rep. Gregory Meeks on Bill Clinton's impeachment in 1998: "What we are doing here is not a prosecution, it is a persecution and indeed it is a political lynching."

Democrat Rep. Danny Davis (Illinois) on the impeachment of Bill Clinton: "I will not vote for this nightmare before Christmas. I will not vote for this lynching in the people's House. I will vote against these resolutions."

October 1998 comment from now-Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y, that was published in an Associated Press article read: "I am the president’s defender in the sense that I haven’t seen anything yet that would rise, in my opinion, to the level of impeachable offense. … I wish we could get this over with quickly. … In pushing the process, in pushing the arguments of fairness and due process the Republicans so far have been running a lynch mob."

Trump knew exactly what he was saying and doing. He wanted people and the media talking about lynching and race and not about the testimony in the House. Rep Meek's, Davis's and Nedler's insensibilities do not justify or excuse Trumps. Neither process was a lynching.

Also let us not forget Trump's love affair with racists and their organizations.

Taylor confirmed quid pro quo.

Quid pro quo starts with a Q.

Soon
Taylor confirmed it huh?

[9/9/19, 5:19:35 AM] Gordon Sondland: Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign. I suggest we stop the back and forth by text. If you still have concerns, I recommend you give Lisa Kenna or S a call to discuss them directly. Thanks.

Trump knew exactly what he was saying and doing. He wanted people and the media talking about lynching and race and not about the testimony in the House. Rep Meek's, Davis's and Nedler's insensibilities do not justify or excuse Trumps. Neither process was a lynching.

Also let us not forget Trump's love affair with racists and their organizations.

Thanks for setting us straight from your high horse there Schiffy.

Is he playing 3-D chess?

Indeed he did...exposing the hypocrisy of the left/media is hilarious every time he does it. Please do expand on this love affair.

Per CNN:

The top US diplomat in Ukraine, Bill Taylor, testified Tuesday that he had been told President Donald Trump would withhold military aid to the country until it publicly declared investigations would be launched that could help his reelection chances -- including into former Vice President Joe Biden, according to a copy of Taylor's opening statement obtained by CNN.

In light of this, the credibility of the "whistleblower" has become obsolete. The top US diplomat in the Ukraine, just corroborated almost everything that was claimed in the complaint.

Reactions: tvolsfan and Mick
Reactions: AirVol and VolnJC
Per CNN:

The top US diplomat in Ukraine, Bill Taylor, testified Tuesday that he had been told President Donald Trump would withhold military aid to the country until it publicly declared investigations would be launched that could help his reelection chances -- including into former Vice President Joe Biden, according to a copy of Taylor's opening statement obtained by CNN.

In light of this, the credibility of the "whistleblower" has become obsolete. The top US diplomat in the Ukraine, just corroborated everything he claimed in the complaint.
Hmm. More second hand REO Speedwagon testimony. When will they get proof as opposed to gossip?

Per CNN:

In light of this, the credibility of the "whistleblower" has become obsolete. The top US diplomat in the Ukraine, just corroborated almost everything that was claimed in the complaint.
Also, there was to be a public announcement that Hunter was under investigation by a Ukraine official before the administration would release the aide.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Also, there was to be a public announcement that Hunter was under investigation by a Ukraine official before the administration would release the aide.

For anyone who read the texts, this was clearly spelled out, unless they were someone dead set on buying into Rudy's Tall Tales.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Hmm. More second hand REO Speedwagon testimony. When will they get proof as opposed to gossip?
That is not 2nd hand information. Taylor was passed a directive, it just didn't come directly from the President - but it could only have come from the President. He was the one who had placed a hold on the military aid.

That is not 2nd hand information. Taylor was passed a directive, it just didn't come directly from the President - but it could only have come from the President. He was the one who had placed a hold on the military aid.
You have access to the testimony? Serious question. All I see is the claim that the diplomat was told a motive about what Trump planned to do.

That sounds like hearsay. Just like the whistleblower was hearsay.

Seriously, you seem to be confusing "you will, because" with, "I heard Trump would..."

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
You have access to the testimony? Serious question. All I see is the claim that the diplomat was told a motive about what Trump planned to do.

For crying out loud, this is the top U.S. diplomat to the Ukraine... and you are questioning his access to information and talking about "hearsay"???? He understood what the directives were and what was going on. He was a party to it. Smh.

Reactions: Hunerwadel

It's hearsay and Sondland already said there was no Quid pro quo he was on the call Taylor wasn't

For crying out loud, this is the top U.S. diplomat to the Ukraine... and you are questioning his access to information and talking about "hearsay"???? He understood what the directives were and what was going on. He was a party to it. Smh.

So, you want me to trust his hearsay and your political wishes. Tell me again the difference between "you will, because..." And " i heard Trump would... "

All without being to hear or read the actual testimony.

VN Store

Back