Drinkwitz - "We stand on business"

Yeah, I don't give a damn what his reason for saying it was. He's a snot-nosed little Wish.com Spurrier wannabe, and I hope Heupel crams so many touchdowns down his throat he has to go around and apologize to every player on his team for getting their asses kicked. I want Tennessee to make every game with Missouri a public execution. I want to catch reruns of the next Tennessee vs Missouri game on both ESPN and an episode of "The First 48." Hearing some doughy little ESPN cupcake whining about "sportsmanship" the next time Tennessee crams 70 points up that Tiger tailpipe will make me all kinds of happy - and that's all I need from whenever Tennessee next plays that little twerp. No post-game words. Only points on the scoreboard.
Quit holding back. Tell us how you really feel. 🤪

After reading the article the "We stand on business" comment makes a lot more sense. At the time it was beyond bizarre and I'm not sure why it took this long to get an accurate explanation.

I hate losing. I hate losing to lowly Mizzou (they earned it, however). But... I am a coach. And what you do with your locker room and how you treat your word as your bond is everything in coaching.

I don't like Drinkwitz. However, I don't hate what he did with the "we stand on business" comment now that I understand what the hell it was about. His team stood up for him and refused to get pushed around and he made a stand for his team in response. The fact that he knew he would look like a jackass to the media and Tennessee is hilarious though.

Irregardless I hope we crush their souls each time we meet again. And I hope Heupel returns the favor with something similar... maybe "Vols by Fiddy."

So... maybe a good direction for this thread would be... original ideas for what Heupel should say to Drinkwitz after the next Vols win over Mizzou.

And, Go!
I don’t care what the reasoning was, it “stands” as one of the absolute dumbest statements ever made. (And yes, I have heard several really dumb statements.)

After reading the article the "We stand on business" comment makes a lot more sense. At the time it was beyond bizarre and I'm not sure why it took this long to get an accurate explanation.

I hate losing. I hate losing to lowly Mizzou (they earned it, however). But... I am a coach. And what you do with your locker room and how you treat your word as your bond is everything in coaching.

I don't like Drinkwitz. However, I don't hate what he did with the "we stand on business" comment now that I understand what the hell it was about. His team stood up for him and refused to get pushed around and he made a stand for his team in response. The fact that he knew he would look like a jackass to the media and Tennessee is hilarious though.

Irregardless I hope we crush their souls each time we meet again. And I hope Heupel returns the favor with something similar... maybe "Vols by Fiddy."

So... maybe a good direction for this thread would be... original ideas for what Heupel should say to Drinkwitz after the next Vols win over Mizzou.

And, Go!
The next time we play Missouri, a win should be followed by “good game” and nothing more. They aren’t worth any more attention.

Don't care. They beat us fair and square.

They get to run their mouths a little bit. So be it.

Lest we forget, Milton was throwing deep on them in 22 in the 4th when we were way up.

As long as there is still time on the clock, the other team is free to do as they wish as long as it abides by the rules of the game Not Mizzus fault that our D couldnt stop a pee wee team that day.

I am sure we will repay the favor in Neyland during the 25 season.

When they come to Neyland in 25 and we are up by 4 scores in the 4th, I hope and pray that Heupel pulls all the 2nd and 3rd string guys out for the final series and runs another TD up in them in the final minute...no final seconds...of the game.

But for now, like the Nature Boy said, to be the man you gotta beat the man.

Eh, it's not so much that he said it...

It's really that he said it and ran away.

AND he's had like 5 months to think and this is the best he can come up with.

My wife thinks he looks like a ferret.
Yes, he has had MONTHS to explain. Most of the time someone who takes that long to give an explanation didn't have a good one to begin with, and is now trying to spin it so that he doesn't look bad. Sorry, I don't think he helped himself in the image department by that remark and his months delay in explaining it.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
He’s a clown and losing to those guys like we did was probaly Josh’s worst loss since he has been here. He’s my number one most obnoxious and hated coach in the SEC now even more than Beamer. I wish we played them in Neyland this fall.
No.

Missouri was actually a good team. Florida was a dumpster fire. That by far was a worse loss.

good grief, I hate it when anyone talks about a team they don't have to play next year/years. "We stand on business?" WTH???

Heupel probably thought he said "We planned on biscuits"

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Drinkshitz has diarrhea of the mouth again. They had one good year and are gonna suck again.

He's running that mouth from a safe place knowing they don't play the Vols this season and may not for years.

And, Go!
It was a beyond dumb statement by a loser coach. Simple as that. If Heupel would have said something like that we would be bashing him for it comparing it to all the dumb Butchisms. We stand on business is Butch level dumb.

After seeing an interview with the Mizz running back and Charles Davis at the Senior Bowl (I think) I realized how totally bought in that game Mizz was after being COMPLETELY destroyed in 21 and 22 by the Vols. You could tell he still felt the beating they took against Vols. I was at 2022 game and I think that may be the fastest scoring in a college football game I’ve ever witnessed. IIRC Mizz had scored and pulled to 28-24 and after that…TOTALLY DOMINATED! So yeah…humiliating losses can be greatly inspiring.

The next time we play Missouri, a win should be followed by “good game” and nothing more. They aren’t worth any more attention.
This.

I get amused at people who have one decent season and think they are all that. Dinkwitz is having delusions of grandeur if he thinks Missouri is anything but an afterthought in the SEC hierarchy.

Because this.

We paddled them by 40 point spreads twice going into last year and we got caught with our pants down in Columbia. They will take their place with the Kentuckys and Arkansas etc again soon.

Yeah, I don't give a damn what his reason for saying it was. He's a snot-nosed little Wish.com Spurrier wannabe, and I hope Heupel crams so many touchdowns down his throat he has to go around and apologize to every player on his team for getting their asses kicked.

OK, I can go with that.

VN Store

Back