EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

So big challenge ahead. I took the job at USC and finally in year 3 i signed my highest recruiting class at #2. I try not to do any recruiting tricks or watch any videos to make recruiting easier. But i took a new job at Kansas. The best i could salvage was the 99th recruiting class. I hired two good coaches with good pipelines. Already off to a decent start with my first full recruiting class. But Kansas should be fun to rebuild. They are coming off a 7-5 season.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
So big challenge ahead. I took the job at USC and finally in year 3 i signed my highest recruiting class at #2. I try not to do any recruiting tricks or watch any videos to make recruiting easier. But i took a new job at Kansas. The best i could salvage was the 99th recruiting class. I hired two good coaches with good pipelines. Already off to a decent start with my first full recruiting class. But Kansas should be fun to rebuild. They are coming off a 7-5 season.
Kansas is a fun one so is Indiana

Reactions: cwbytruckers
Kansas is a fun one so is Indiana
I had the Kansas job for one season and got offered Oregon, Notre Dame and to go back to USC. I took the Notre Dame job. Then decided i wanted a fresh start with a smaller school so i restarted and now im coaching at Liberty and off to a 3-0 start. Liberty has a killer ground game and if you switch them to the 3-2-6 defense they are tough on the passing game.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
I found a glitch in Dynasty Mode, playing against CPU.

When I punt the ball on first down (or presumably any down before 4th) there is no change of possession. Wherever the defender (receiving team) touches the ball, your offense takes over at the spot of the down.

Last edited:
I found a glitch in Dynasty Mode, playing against CPU.

When I punt the ball on first down (or presumably any down before 4th) there is no change of possession. Wherever the defender (receiving team) touches the ball, your offense takes over at the spot of the down.

So you like to score 200+ on the CPU and you also punt on 1st down? You're either like 10 years old or a complete psychopath.

So you like to score 200+ on the CPU and you also punt on 1st down? You're either like 10 years old or a complete psychopath.

So your preferred approach is to call people childish or psychopath - you just need the right opportunity. That is the model of a healthy, mature mindset.

Thank you for suggesting that my video game goal should be to narrowly win. Why do you think they include all time records in this game?

he discovered a glitch. that happens in games. if he is anything like me, or most gamers, you have fun with it for a little while because its new and will likely get patched out, and then go back to the way it was. even before or without a patch.

its not like the game, or any game, is without people who are going to take advantage of any exploit in the game they can find. How much of this thread was discussing "gaming" the system to get better results? what defenses to run, what plays the CPU doesn't defend well, things like that. plenty of discussion on game breaking strategies to take advantage of the limitations of the CPU/game. It may not be as "egregious" as the glitch he found but its the same thing.

and if he is just playing the CPU there is no harm so there should be no foul. Maybe he only has time for a little bit of playing and just wants to go mindless so he plays on a low difficulty and runs up the score so that he can relax, instead of trying to prove how much of a billy bad arse he is beating himself up on the highest difficulties.

Reactions: adam.vol
he discovered a glitch. that happens in games. if he is anything like me, or most gamers, you have fun with it for a little while because its new and will likely get patched out, and then go back to the way it was. even before or without a patch.

its not like the game, or any game, is without people who are going to take advantage of any exploit in the game they can find. How much of this thread was discussing "gaming" the system to get better results? what defenses to run, what plays the CPU doesn't defend well, things like that. plenty of discussion on game breaking strategies to take advantage of the limitations of the CPU/game. It may not be as "egregious" as the glitch he found but its the same thing.

and if he is just playing the CPU there is no harm so there should be no foul. Maybe he only has time for a little bit of playing and just wants to go mindless so he plays on a low difficulty and runs up the score so that he can relax, instead of trying to prove how much of a billy bad arse he is beating himself up on the highest difficulties.
It's not that serious. People play games for different reasons. I just don't happen to understand some people's reasons. Personally I play sports game to compete online against others, to me that's the whole point. Some people never touch online, and that's fine. I was just giving him a hard time.

It's not that serious. People play games for different reasons. I just don't happen to understand some people's reasons. Personally I play sports game to compete online against others, to me that's the whole point. Some people never touch online, and that's fine. I was just giving him a hard time.

I play sports games to relax. I play shooter games when I feel like sweating over a video game. I avoid looter games because I don’t want to hide from my family for half the weekend.

So I have almost completed everything there is to do with the dynasty. I’m in year 28 out of the 30. I really just want to complete it to say I did and see how it ends.

While I casually play my way through this offline dynasty, I decided to break a single game record for most interceptions (5 INT’s - because it’s one of two all time records my school doesn’t hold) and scoring was the byproduct. I had actually glitched the game out by scoring too many points before this, so I began punting on 1st down. That’s when hilarity ensued.

I don’t like 1v1 games - it’s too intimate for my liking. I have never felt good about losing or beating someone in that scenario (especially when chatting with them as it unfolds). I prefer to play online team games where it’s not so personal.

I play sports games to relax. I play shooter games when I feel like sweating over a video game. I avoid looter games because I don’t want to hide from my family for half the weekend.

So I have almost completed everything there is to do with the dynasty. I’m in year 28 out of the 30. I really just want to complete it to say I did and see how it ends.

While I casually play my way through this offline dynasty, I decided to break a single game record for most interceptions (5 INT’s - because it’s one of two all time records my school doesn’t hold) and scoring was the byproduct. I had actually glitched the game out by scoring too many points before this, so I began punting on 1st down. That’s when hilarity ensued.

I don’t like 1v1 games - it’s too intimate for my liking. I have never felt good about losing or beating someone in that scenario (especially when chatting with them as it unfolds). I prefer to play online team games where it’s not so personal.
I don't mind it, except when its a sore loser or winner. which is way too common.

You don’t have to chat with anyone you play online.

I know everyone thinks Tennessee should be rated higher but dang. If they were rated any higher I would have busted my PS5. I took the coaching gig at Mississippi State and year two for Nico they blistered my defense. I started a new dynasty with Air Force year one. Off to a 3-0 start. I was worried about the option offense. And really concerned with the defense. Gave up 3 to Merrimack. 10 to San Jose State with 7 being a fumble returned for a TD. Then played at Baylor. Pulled off a 45-31 win. Over 500 yards of offense. I think I have finally found my game. Power run game with lots of RB and TE routes. And their QB is a sophomore with some really good scramble ability. Wild though game one was a sale out. Game two barely 5000 fans in the stands.

VN Store

Back