EA Sports hates us

Urban Meyer made his philosophy at Notre Dame with help from Dan Mullen in like 98-99. The shotgun read option wasn't even added to the game till like 2009ish when he was at Florida with Tebow, though I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the first iteration of it in NCAA was directly taken from Rich Rodriguez playbook with Pat White at QB. Meyer studied Louisville coaches Smith and Linehan to come up with his personal style(I also believe he took from Rich Rodriguez). The basis was spread them out and use aggressive speed and run to the numbers advantage to shorten the talent gap. I guarantee Meyer has never even played a video game let alone used it to make his offensive scheme. He's a football guy, that's a laughable lie.

Last edited:
Hilarious to think Memphis is equal to the Vols. We had a few opt outs but that shouldn't make that big of a difference

Anybody mind posting UT’s roster. Still at work and dying to know who our top players are beyond JP
I'll give you the outrage highlights. Lance Heard (former 5 star OT transfer) isn't on the roster, neither is Omarr Norman Lott (DT who had 5.5 sacks last season), as well as Tyre West being nowhere to be found. Additionally, Jermod McCoy (freshman All-American transfer from Oregon St) is somehow only a 77 as a sophomore. All of this is total BS. on the other hand, Sampson is good af, Nico has an absolute cannon in the game and Thornton is always open. Oh and James Pearce is legit unstoppable at times. Hopefully these problems get fixed, because otherwise it's the best sports game I've ever played.

Glad my first thoughts were off. I thought Eric Ainge had turned on Vol football. EA Sports the gamers is not much concern.

ChatGPT isn’t an especially good search engine. What I was trying to do was get an idea of what archives to check for dead pages on archive.org. But I also wanted to put enough time into work to stay employed. 😄
You're exactly correct it's not especially good its insanely good if you know how to properly query. The free versions (chatgpt/copilot) are somewhat-limited but pro is next level.

You're exactly correct it's not especially good it’s insanely good if you know how to properly query. The free versions (chatgpt/copilot) are somewhat-limited but pro is next level.
It’s not good at all as a search engine because it is optimized for results and willing to give you results backed by data that do not exist. It’s an excellent large language model, but as a search engine your approach should be to trust, but verify. Or really not so much trust, just verify.

Reactions: 08Vol
Thought the same thing and heard a new term (to me) "Engagement Farming." Basically, they do rankings like this for teams not names UGA, Bama, Ohio State etc. to get us to do exactly this, talk about the game. Bottom line it's a game and WGWTFA!!!!!!

Article by Keenan Thomas on the EA Sports College Football 25 video game in today's News Sentinel.

EA sports is incredibly down on Tennessee to an extent that is hard to understand or justify in the new college football video game.

Tennessee gets an 83 overall on Offense and an 80 overall on Defense. They have Oklahoma (86), A&M (87), Ole Miss (88), LSU (90), Texas (92), Bama (92), and UGA (95) rated higher.

There is a ridiculous SIX WAY tie in the middle of the SEC with Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee all rated 85 overall. The only teams rated lower are South Carolina (84) Miss St (80) and Vanderbilt (77).

The ratings get even more offensive when you start comparing the volunteers with teams in other conferences. The idea that Arkansas and Auburn are as talented as Tennessee is just a massive wtf. I think you could make an argument for Kentucky and Florida but still feels like a stretch to me. I think the top 5 teams are ok but after that it gets weird. Florida, Kentucky, Auburn and Arkansas are too high. OU and A&M are a little high as well. Missouri and TN are too low.

They have Memphis 85 overall lol. Virginia Tech and NC State are both 87 overall.
After you win that first Natty in year three, it will all change.

VN Store

Back