EJECTION !! The Penalty For 'Targeting' Hits

Yes, I did. Flagrant and potentially lethal are two different animals. HBP depends entirely on the situation, the pitch, the count, who is battng, etc. I don't give a rats' collective ass about hockey and I have pulled starting pitchers for up top attempts to brush back.

It comes down to this. Either you coach to win at any cost or you coach to teach first. You either are ethical or a scumbag.

Thanks for proving my point.

You don't care about hockey so they can do whatever they want.

But, with regard to football, you speak as if this will reduce concussions or the danger of the game.

The vast majority of concussions and injuries are sustained while being in contact with another player legally.

And much of the illegal contact is accidental. A defender is aiming for the ball carrier's chest when the ball carrier ducks his head and helmet to helmet contact occurs.

So, I don't have a problem with this rule in and of itself.

What I have a problem with is that when rules like this fail to do anything, more changes will come. This is not the end of rule changes that will slowly change the game.

Like rules to protect the qb.

Thanks for proving my point.

You don't care about hockey so they can do whatever they want.

But, with regard to football, you speak as if this will reduce concussions or the danger of the game.

The vast majority of concussions and injuries are sustained while being in contact with another player legally.

And much of the illegal contact is accidental. A defender is aiming for the ball carrier's chest when the ball carrier ducks his head and helmet to helmet contact occurs.

So, I don't have a problem with this rule in and of itself.

What I have a problem with is that when rules like this fail to do anything, more changes will come. This is not the end of rule changes that will slowly change the game.

Like rules to protect the qb.
Absolutely, we are in the forefront not pulling the rear in new rules to protect players. It's mostly about the money, the fan draw. Dead and crippled players from targeted hits (especially since they can be outlawed) hurt the game.

VN Store

Back