EJECTION !! The Penalty For 'Targeting' Hits

I don't disagree with the intent of this rule, but enforcing it will be tough.

To suggest that Clowney would be ejected for his tackle on the kid from Michigan if it happened this season is nonsense.

If the hit Clowney put on the Michigan back was wrong then Football is done do away with it make it against the law to play if you get caught playing real football either the chair or needle.

did we land on the moon? i believe i have the answer but this isnt a political forum. who killed JFK? i know but i wont write it here because this isnt a political forum. will xbox 1 be better than PS4? no, probably not. but its political.

oh, i am saying you are full of crud-o-la. you sound like you saw a UFO or bigfoot. these are college kids, most people do not want to see them get seriously injured for playing the game. sensitive viewers even tune in for the big bowl games. they are protecting their market the way they think is best. DC's have already been teaching this.

What will be interesting is what if someone sues after all these rules?

Of course they will because we live in an overly litigious society where people will sue for any sort of BS if they think there is some money to be had. How else do you explain players already over suing over past injuries? They went out there knowing they were risking serious injury, and now some lawyers have convinced them that in spite of that they might still be able to cash in on their injuries. This is nothing more than a money grab.

I think you have no idea what he was talking about. I'm almost 100% certain he meant all players should be required to sign a waiver that says something to the effect of "Football, by its nature is a contact sport with some inherent risk of injury, and your participation will be completely at your own risk." It easily makes sense at the college and pro levels where you are dealing with adults, but is a bit dicier at the lower levels where you are dealing with minor children.

Thank you

Of course they will because we live in an overly litigious society where people will sue for any sort of BS if they think there is some money to be had. How else do you explain players already over suing over past injuries? They went out there knowing they were risking serious injury, and now some lawyers have convinced them that in spite of that they might still be able to cash in on their injuries. This is nothing more than a money grab.

ha you blame the lawyers, what an idiot you are. anyway, i do not think brain and/or neurological damage is "any sort of BS... [where] they think there is some money". not even touching on how important and expensive it is. also, it would be different if the ncaa agreed to pay the medical bills outright and handle the other non-medical cases separately. this isnt a money grab you callous jerk. many ex-players are suffering and do not have the ability to pay for their much needed health care.

anyway, what i am saying is if these rules are to minimize injuries, and lawsuits still come forward how will the ncaa react?

Thank you

oh, i am sorry. i apologize for overestimating your intelligence. i assumed you were simply unaware of the current internationally famous case involving billions of dollars that you ironically and ignorantly addressed. i didnt realize that you were fully aware, and were just running your mouth about anything. forgive me for wanting to have an actual discussion aboot the thread topic.

did we land on the moon? i believe i have the answer but this isnt a political forum. who killed JFK? i know but i wont write it here because this isnt a political forum. will xbox 1 be better than PS4? no, probably not. but its political.

oh, i am saying you are full of crud-o-la. you sound like you saw a UFO or bigfoot. these are college kids, most people do not want to see them get seriously injured for playing the game. sensitive viewers even tune in for the big bowl games. they are protecting their market the way they think is best. DC's have already been teaching this.

What will be interesting is what if someone sues after all these rules?

Oh, so this will put an end to injuries?

Got it.

Like I said earlier and used as an example, there have been numerous rules changed to protect qb's. there is no evidence that I am aware of that can be used to show that they have decreased the number of injuries to qb's. none.

You remember this in 10 years when they magically discover that they have not decreased the amount of concussions

Got it.

Like I said earlier and used as an example, there have been numerous rules changed to protect qb's. there is no evidence that I am aware of that can be used to show that they have decreased the number of injuries to qb's. none.

You remember this in 10 years when they magically discover that they have not decreased the amount of concussions

your response is awkwardly out of context to your first post and my response.

Last edited:

Got it.

How do you quantify something that as recently as 15-20 years ago was hardly documented?

your response is awkwardly out of context to your first post and my response.

Your post claimed they are trying to make the game safe.

My response was that there is no evidence that they are making the game safer.

Now the original post that you responded to is that this is political. And if you disagree, fine. But, I think it is.

I chose not to explain in detail why because I did not think people wanted to engage in that argument in this forum and on this thread.

But, regardless, the objective of all this can not be achieved. You can not take something that is dangerous by its very nature and make it safe. In order to make it safer, you have to change it fundamentally.

Big, fast people making contact at full speed with other big, fast people is going to cause bodily harm.

If you don't want there to be any bodily harm, big fast people have to stop making contact at full speed with other big fast people

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
oh, i am sorry. i apologize for overestimating your intelligence. i assumed you were simply unaware of the current internationally famous case involving billions of dollars that you ironically and ignorantly addressed. i didnt realize that you were fully aware, and were just running your mouth about anything. forgive me for wanting to have an actual discussion aboot the thread topic.

That has nothing to do with this thread.

Bottom line: the outcome of games will be affected by this rule.

Clean hits will get players ejected, and dirty hits will still go unnoticed, or unpunished.

Much like the NFL, college football is slowly becoming an "offense only" league.

We're only a few short steps away from Arena Football.

Go Vols.

Theyre losing my viewership there.

They have to do this. The current rule has no teeth and no one was following it. They want to stop helmet to helmet hits and a penalty wasn't cutting it. So, this is what you get. It's really simple....learn to tackle. From peewee to NFL.....learn to tackle.

I think the best solution would be to just take helmets off all together...never have to worry about helmet to helmet contact again.

They have to do this. The current rule has no teeth and no one was following it. They want to stop helmet to helmet hits and a penalty wasn't cutting it. So, this is what you get. It's really simple....learn to tackle. From peewee to NFL.....learn to tackle.
And coaches need to learn not to promote ridiculously dangerous technique.

There isn't a coach anywhere that teaches players to launch for the head.
Neither you can prove this statement nor van I prove you wrong so I'll let it go.

However, there are coaches everywhere that do not penalize players for targeting hits which is exactly why this rule is now being put into effect. If they don't penalize, then by definition they encourage it.

:p

Neither you can prove this statement nor van I prove you wrong so I'll let it go.

However, there are coaches everywhere that do not penalize players for targeting hits which is exactly why this rule is now being put into effect. If they don't penalize, then by definition they encourage it.

There isn't a coach anywhere who will do anything about it now.

Do you think coaches discipline players for a flagrant foul on basketball?

What about discipline for a game misconduct penalty in hockey?

Do coaches discipline a pitcher for plunking a batter?

C'mon man

Do you think coaches discipline players for a flagrant foul on basketball?

What about discipline for a game misconduct penalty in hockey?

Do coaches discipline a pitcher for plunking a batter?

C'mon man

Not only do they not discipline guys for that stuff, but in all but the stupidest of cases, they probably pat their guys on the back for all that stuff.

I doubt their are a lot of coaches who "penalize" it at this point because up until about 2 years ago when the Safety Crusades began, it was a perfectly legal and acceptable way to play the game.

I doubt their are a lot of coaches who "penalize" it at this point because up until about 2 years ago when the Safety Crusades began, it was a perfectly legal and acceptable way to play the game.
That's the kind of mentality that requires legislation and now, there it is.

Do you think coaches discipline players for a flagrant foul on basketball? What about discipline for a game misconduct penalty in hockey? Do coaches discipline a pitcher for plunking a batter?

C'mon man
Yes, I did. Flagrant and potentially lethal are two different animals. HBP depends entirely on the situation, the pitch, the count, who is battng, etc. I don't give a rats' collective ass about hockey and I have pulled starting pitchers for up top attempts to brush back.

It comes down to this. Either you coach to win at any cost or you coach to teach first. You either are ethical or a scumbag.

Yes, I did. Flagrant and potentially lethal are two different animals. HBP depends entirely on the situation, the pitch, the count, who is battng, etc. I don't give a rats' collective ass about hockey and I have pulled starting pitchers for up top attempts to brush back.

It comes down to this. Either you coach to win at any cost or you coach to teach first. You either are ethical or a scumbag.

So you advocate all sports being reduced to vaginaball, not just football. At least you're consistent across the board. I bet the Upward teams that you coach are widely respected. "Get off the mound pitcher, how dare you try and control the inside part of the plate." Brushback pitches in baseball and hard hitting in football aren't "win at any cost", they are part of the game.

VN Store

Back