Erik Ainge calls Sanchez dumb

Like it's news that Mark Sanchez is a weak leader that makes questionable decisions.

According to the link, Ainge said "he’s dumb while being dumb," which in the context of the quote is different than saying Sanchez is dumb.

According to the link, Ainge said "he’s dumb while being dumb," which in the context of the quote is different than saying Sanchez is dumb.

Yep . . . He's not saying that he's a dumb guy. He's just saying that he doesn't think when he's out doing dumb stuff and needs people around him to rein him in. I don't really get what the controversy is supposed to be.

Reactions: 3 people
Yep . . . He's not saying that he's a dumb guy. He's just saying that he doesn't think when he's out doing dumb stuff and needs people around him to rein him in. I don't really get what the controversy is supposed to be.

Ppl saw a chance to make fun of or talk bad about a former vol. Their eyes probably lite up and they couldn't type fast enough.

True EA isn't in the NFL anymore and never started, but I think he speaks the truth in this situation!

I never thought Sanchez was that great all the way back to college. Had the same opinion with Matt L. and I honestly think Ainge would have been a better QB than both but that's just my OPINION.

Arguing with a guy named "Ron Mexico" about idiot QBs is kind of pointless. You might as well argue fat lesbians with somebody using the handle "Rosie O'Donnell".

Reactions: 4 people
Arguing with a guy named "Ron Mexico" about idiot QBs is kind of pointless. You might as well argue fat lesbians with somebody using the handle "Rosie O'Donnell".

I actually typed out a Michael Vick response, but chose to change it. And while I have your attention is the Rosie O'Donnell handle available?

The Vol on Vol crime in this thread is a bit ridiculous. Sanchez IS an idiot and not a good QB. If your qualification for everyone from now on to criticize an athlete is that the criticizer must be better at sports than said athlete.. Then we should all shut up. The guy hosts a sports show and he called a terrible quarterback an idiot.. Get over the fact that EA didn't do as well as you wanted in his career at UT. He is a full on VOL and is providing an opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It wasn't on his show

I'm sure he won't talk about the interview on his show...if he hasn't already...I'm at a disadvantage...I haven't listened to TSR all week...my point, when you're a radio personality, outside interviews and opinions expressed are part of your persona...and part of your show...just saying
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would never want an Irvine on my team.

Are you serious? He wasn't a great locker room guy or someone you would want as a role model to your children back then, but he played his heart out and was a beast on the field. Some stats for you:

He finished 13th all-time in career receptions (750) and 21st all-time in yards (11,904) in only 12 years. He averaged 74.9 yards per game and Jerry Rice (the best receiver of all time) averaged 75.6 yards per game. Not to mention he's one of only 21 receivers in the NFL hall of fame. I think any GM in the NFL would have wanted him on their team...but you wouldn't though?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Are you serious? He wasn't a great locker room guy or someone you would want as a role model to your children back then, but he played his heart out and was a beast on the field. Some stats for you:

He finished 13th all-time in career receptions (750) and 21st all-time in yards (11,904) in only 12 years. He averaged 74.9 yards per game and Jerry Rice (the best receiver of all time) averaged 75.6 yards per game. Not to mention he's in the NFL hall of fame. I think any GM in the NFL would have wanted him on their team...but you wouldn't?

Only disagreement I have is with the locker-room aspect...He was a leader in the locker room and THE leader in practices...he was legendary at getting players to put in extra work...by example that he put out...when he left the facility he was an entitled POS

Only disagreement I have is with the locker-room aspect...He was a leader in the locker room and THE leader in practices...he was legendary at getting players to put in extra work...by example that he put out...when he left the facility he was an entitled POS

Butchna....it's 2am on a Friday night...go get laid or somthing.

Butchna....it's 2am on a Friday night...go get laid or somthing.

Wife's asleep...neighbor's ugly...gotta work in a few hours...what's the SOMETHING option? ..and I think your clock's broke 25...edit...we're in different time zones...don't smash your watch

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Wife's asleep...neighbor's ugly...gotta work in a few hours...what's the SOMETHING option? ..and I think your clock's broke 25...edit...we're in different time zones...don't smash your watch

Lol

VN Store

Back