Erik Ainge calls Sanchez dumb

Only disagreement I have is with the locker-room aspect...He was a leader in the locker room and THE leader in practices...he was legendary at getting players to put in extra work...by example that he put out...when he left the facility he was an entitled POS
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Oh I agree that he was a leader in that aspect, like I said he played his heart out. I meant it more as he didn't set a good example off of the field. He wasn't the best teammate because he put his career and the team in jeopardy as he was more worried about having fun, and he didn't care if he got in trouble or broke the law while doing so.

Last edited:
Are you serious? He wasn't a great locker room guy or someone you would want as a role model to your children back then, but he played his heart out and was a beast on the field. Some stats for you:

He finished 13th all-time in career receptions (750) and 21st all-time in yards (11,904) in only 12 years. He averaged 74.9 yards per game and Jerry Rice (the best receiver of all time) averaged 75.6 yards per game. Not to mention he's one of only 21 receivers in the NFL hall of fame. I think any GM in the NFL would have wanted him on their team...but you wouldn't though?

Irvine? No, I was not being serious.

Say what you will about either guy, but neither Ainge nor Sanchez will ever be confused with a Rhodes scholar. Especially if you ever happen to find yourself in a 5 minute conversation with one on ANY subject other than football.

Trust me.

Who would you rather have as your QB, an idiot or a drug addict? Personally, I'll take the idiot.

I know erik has had some problems.i also know some really good people that have had the same problem.he's not a drug addict,he just got hooked on pain killers.it's a problem that could touch anyone that has to live with pain.

we voice our oppinions on here all the time.the difference is,on here people don't use their real names to put behind their opinion.i'm not saying he's right but atleast he doesn't hide behind a fake name on a web site.

I know erik has had some problems.i also know some really good people that have had the same problem.he's not a drug addict,he just got hooked on pain killers.it's a problem that could touch anyone that has to live with pain.

we voice our oppinions on here all the time.the difference is,on here people don't use their real names to put behind their opinion.i'm not saying he's right but atleast he doesn't hide behind a fake name on a web site.

The following are the words of Erik Ainge, not me:
I'm a drug addict. I was in denial for a long time, but that's who I am. My addiction is with the hardest of hard drugs -- heroin, cocaine and alcohol. During my days of using, I was a really bad drug addict. I would've made Charlie Sheen look like Miss Daisy.
Erik refers to himself as a drug addict. If he says he is addicted to drugs, why do you believe he's not addicted? Are you capable of diagnosing this man and telling him he's wrong and all the medical professionals he has seen are wrong, as well? And I can assure you, when college and pro athletes check websites, they do not log in as their real name the vast majority of the time. I know this to be a factual statement.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=6267822&city=newyork&src=desktop

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The following are the words of Erik Ainge, not me:Erik refers to himself as a drug addict. If he says he is addicted to drugs, why do you believe he's not addicted? Are you capable of diagnosing this man and telling him he's wrong and all the medical professionals he has seen are wrong, as well? And I can assure you, when college and pro athletes check websites, they do not log in as their real name the vast majority of the time. I know this to be a factual statement.

Ainge: 'I had to get help before I died' - ESPN

ok,he was an addict but let it go.he's a vfl,leave the guys past out of the discussion.this was about a comment he made.

pain plus being bipolar,that's worse than what I thought.i'm sure he appreciates his drug addiction being brought up.

a few weeks ago everybody was taking up for ainge because that a$$hat clay travis brought it up.but it's fine if it's brought up on a vol website.

I love anyone who is not 2-faced. You don't have to be a rocket professor to recognize and idiot when you see one. Anyone who looks you in the eye and tells it like it is, is okay by me. REAL mfers are hard to come by in this ass kissing day and age.

I love anyone who is not 2-faced. You don't have to be a rocket professor to recognize and idiot when you see one. Anyone who looks you in the eye and tells it like it is, is okay by me. REAL mfers are hard to come by in this ass kissing day and age.

must.point.out.irony.

Reactions: 1 person
This statement by Ainge, within the context of what he was explaining, is pretty much vanilla.

Chalk another one up to the media for another pathetic attempt at drama manufacturing.

Why do you say this? I know about his struggles with substance abuse but I don't think that necessarily makes him an idiot. Unless you're referring to something else that I'm unaware of or may have forgotten about. Just curious where you're coming from. :hi:

I think he was making the glass house argument. That's all. :peace2:

VN Store

Back