ESPN Post Spring power Rankings

2) we don't brag about a 9-4 season where we didn't beat a team with a winning record because even if we went 9-4 its business as usual or should feel it and with our schedule we would be beating people with a winning record.

3) we have a coach with character that doesn't sub tweet to high school students when they snub him.

I think we would all be bragging if we go 9-4 this season. Vandy beat 2 teams with winning records :( and also the tweet came out 2 days before Hurd committed. Screw Vandy but at least lets be honest about it. Don't need to make things up to bury a second rate high school program like candy. GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think we would all be bragging if we go 9-4 this season. Vandy beat 2 teams with winning records :( and also the tweet came out 2 days before Hurd committed. Screw Vandy but at least lets be honest about it. Don't need to make things up to bury a second rate high school program like candy. GBO

I wasn't sure about the tweet thing, but didn't Vandy beat Ole Miss and NCSU? Both had winning records.

We really can't argue with it. I mean let's be realistic...

We went 5-7 last season. We haven't beaten a ranked team in years. We haven't beaten Florida since 2004. We were blown out by Vanderbilt last season. We lost our QB, 4 best receivers in Hunter, Patterson, Rogers and Rivera. Our defense was God-awful...

We have to face it... Just because we are the winningest school since 1928 doesn't mean we deserve anything right now. We have to earn it back, and I'm sure we will with CBJ. But we can't just expect people to give us anything.

I'm honestly okay with this rating... It just means we can only get better and surprise people.

Reactions: 1 person
We really can't argue with it. I mean let's be realistic...

We went 5-7 last season. We haven't beaten a ranked team in years. We haven't beaten Florida since 2004. We were blown out by Vanderbilt last season. We lost our QB, 4 best receivers in Hunter, Patterson, Rogers and Rivera. Our defense was God-awful...

We have to face it... Just because we are the winningest school since 1928 doesn't mean we deserve anything right now. We have to earn it back, and I'm sure we will with CBJ. But we can't just expect people to give us anything.

I'm honestly okay with this rating... It just means we can only get better and surprise people.

Very good points but I don't think UT holds that title anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like ESPN figures us to go 4-8. Beat MO, Vandy, and KY and we exceed expectations, go to a bowl game. Beat another SEC team and maybe we're turning the corner.

I don't care if we're ranked 112th. Let's win some ball games in the fall and show them who's running the ship now

Yep.

I seem to recall Southern Cal (completely innocent reference here) was ranked in the preseason top 5 last year....and they wound up losing 6 games.

The point?

Preseason rankings are useless whose only effect it to incite debate and discussion on sports talk TV shows and radio....

That said, until we actually beat a decent team, regardless of the buzz building around CBJ, we'll still be haunted by the train-wreck that was Derek Dooley Football.

Very good points but I don't think UT holds that title anymore.

Well, according to all of Tennessee's videos and ads we do. But who knows. We are up there even if we aren't first. Either way, glad you see where I'm coming from.

Until we WIN games..people are going to hammer the big orange and they should..we have proved nothing yet. Even though I love CBJ and I think we are going in the right direction, let the haters hate and hopefully a few teams will look past us as we run a few upsets this year! GO Vols!

VN Store

Back