Eviction Moratorium

agVOL90

A prime example of how the federal government screws property owners, business owners and the productive portion of our populace without regard. I am tired of hearing the corporate media making property owners sound like "bad guys". I am sorry but the government should not have tha ability to FORCE property owners to house people for free. How long can this continue? I have friends and family members who have renters who have not paid a dime of rent in over 10 months. Property taxes still come due. Upkeep still is required. Wear and tear still takes place. Most importantly it is NOT the renters property. Property ownership should mean more than it does in this nation.

It is sad that individuals have lost income but i do not believe it is the federal government's right to tell property owners that they should be forced to house anyone for free. I also do not believe it is the responsibility of the taxpayers to foot the bill.

A prime example of how the federal government screws property owners, business owners and the productive portion of our populace without regard. I am tired of hearing the corporate media making property owners sound like "bad guys". I am sorry but the government should not have tha ability to FORCE property owners to house people for free. How long can this continue? I have friends and family members who have renters who have not paid a dime of rent in over 10 months. Property taxes still come due. Upkeep still is required. Wear and tear still takes place. Most importantly it is NOT the renters property. Property ownership should mean more than it does in this nation.

It is sad that individuals have lost income but i do not believe it is the federal government's right to tell property owners that they should be forced to house anyone for free. I also do not believe it is the responsibility of the taxpayers to foot the bill.

Justice Dept. to appeal judge's order vacating CDC eviction moratorium

I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our landlords - we did. [wink] But you can't hold all tenants responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole property rental system? And if the whole property rental system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our land ownership institutions in general? I put it to you, @agVOL90 - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Gentlemen!

I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our landlords - we did. [wink] But you can't hold all tenants responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the property rental system? And if the whole property rental system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our land ownership institutions in general? I put it to you, @agVOL90 - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Gentlemen!
Nice..... 😁

I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our landlords - we did. [wink] But you can't hold all tenants responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole property rental system? And if the whole property rental system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our land ownership institutions in general? I put it to you, @agVOL90 - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Gentlemen!
09C67B6E-820E-4540-9551-7677EA9BC080.jpeg

Gentlemen!
No no no... the burden is on the politicians that shut all of this down. Had there been no shutdowns, we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

Here’s to hoping they go down in flames in very spectacular fashion.

Moratorium was silly. I dont understand the people that think landlords are sitting on endless piles of cash they can use to do things like maintain these homes (for which there was no moratorium), and pay taxes and mortgages.

Moratorium was silly. I dont understand the people that think landlords are sitting on endless piles of cash they can use to do things like maintain these homes (for which there was no moratorium), and pay taxes and mortgages.
It’s a tough problem. I’d hope land lords try to act with some compassion. But I don’t think they are obligated to do so.

I was fortunate. 3 of my tenants needed a rent modification. We went to half rent for three months and then added the deferred amount to the next 12 months of rent due after the 90 day modification. I was also fortunate my bank gave me a 90 day deferment of my mortgages although interest continued to accrue.
You didn't mention your friends taking the loans Uncle Sam was offering to help mitigate some of their lost rent. Did they do that? All my landlord acquaintances did and urged me to do the same. It cost me to not do that but I stayed true to my principles.

You dont own it, you dont care...

HUD Secretary Announces Cities Plan In Detroit – CBS Detroit (cbslocal.com)

1620343298389.png

“One of the things that’s happened historically with Detroit is that we’ve gotten financial support and we’ve not managed the finances very, very well,” Bing said. “When I came into office, there was money that had been allocated to us years and years ago.”

I was fortunate. 3 of my tenants needed a rent modification. We went to half rent for three months and then added the deferred amount to the next 12 months of rent due after the 90 day modification. I was also fortunate my bank gave me a 90 day deferment of my mortgages although interest continued to accrue.
You didn't mention your friends taking the loans Uncle Sam was offering to help mitigate some of their lost rent. Did they do that? All my landlord acquaintances did and urged me to do the same. It cost me to not do that but I stayed true to my principles.
👆 here is one of those compassionate land lords I was referring to. Sucker... 😂

No no no... the burden is on the politicians that shut all of this down. Had there been no shutdowns, we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

I don't see how you can blame the American society for the failures of a few, sick twisted individuals. Frankly, the landlords are psychotic - but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastard tenants. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Everyone is a renter. All you need to do as the owner is present that correctly in court

Reactions: hog88

Are you in TN? Have you had anybody working with THDA for funds?

VN Store

Back