Eviction Moratorium

I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our landlords - we did. [wink] But you can't hold all tenants responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole property rental system? And if the whole property rental system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our land ownership institutions in general? I put it to you, @agVOL90 - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Gentlemen!

Attachments

• i-see-what-you-did-there_o_1342199.jpg
    i-see-what-you-did-there_o_1342199.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
Are you in TN? Have you had anybody working with THDA for funds?
I am in TN. I've had renters in the past get some temp assistance from state agencies. Don't know which agency though. None of my tenants received any housing funds from the state for covid.

I am in TN. I've had renters in the past get some temp assistance from state agencies. Don't know which agency though. None of my tenants received any housing funds from the state for covid.

I think THDA has some Covid rental assistance, but the tenant has to show a Covid related hardship and tenant and landlord have wade through a ton of bureaucracy.

Reactions: McDad
I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our landlords - we did. [wink] But you can't hold all tenants responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole property rental system? And if the whole property rental system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our land ownership institutions in general? I put it to you, @agVOL90 - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Gentlemen!

A Few Good Men?

Lol...just saw it. I was little young.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
A few years ago I searched the interwebs for reason that flag was in the scene and found nothing.
Although the film takes place in Pennsylvania, a Tennessee flag is shown in the courtroom. This is because the set decorator was unable to find a large enough Pennsylvania flag for the scene, and the blue Oregon state flag wouldn't work, because it had "State of Oregon" text on the upper part. So the set decorator used the most generic flag he could find, which turned out to be the Tennessee state flag.

Reactions: clarksvol00
Absolutely

The jig is up.

Though no one caught this:

I don't see how you can blame the American society for the failures of a few, sick twisted individuals. Frankly, the landlords are psychotic - but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastard tenants. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

The reason the TN flag was used was simply because there are no words on the flag. They needed a flag that didn't reveal any particular state with words depicted on the flag.

The reason the TN flag was used was simply because there are no words on the flag. They needed a flag that didn't reveal any particular state with words depicted on the flag.
I propose we add the the words "ain't no place I'd rather be" to the flag below the Tristar so this isn't an issue in the future.

Reactions: Boca Vol

VN Store

Back