Explosion in Lebanon

CNN reporting it was a storage warehouse for firecrackers.
Peaceful protesters protesting against the US is what I heard.

Kidding aside, that may be true. We're seeing some major explosion. If it's fireworks storage there could have been several minutes of small pops and explosions before something big went that wasn't recorded or may just not have surfaced. Youtube fireworks explosions and sometimes you see a big massive boom.

For comparison this is the biggest thing we’ve got before you go nuke. It will generate a similar cloud in a surface detonation. Fuel air explosive or thermobaric explosive. AKA MOAB. Atomized fuel cloud lit off by a spark. Our largest is the GBU-43 I believe.

Here is a GBU-43. 10+ tons of TNT. That blast was considerably larger.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbh
Jesus Christ. That is going to be several tons of TNT equivalency to throw out that pressure wave like that. The spherical dome at the pressure wave is probably water vapor coming out of suspension in the atmosphere due to the pressure wave compression of the highly humid coastal atmosphere. Just like you see in the old sea based hydrogen bomb tests.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
For comparison this is the biggest thing we’ve got before you go nuke. It will generate a similar cloud in a surface detonation. Fuel air explosive or thermobaric explosive. AKA MOAB. Atomized fuel cloud lit off by a spark. Our largest is the GBU-43 I believe.

Here is a GBU-43. 10+ tons of TNT. That blast was considerably larger.

Nah, not buying it.

VN Store

Back