Explosion in Lebanon

Peaceful protesters protesting against the US is what I heard.

Kidding aside, that may be true. We're seeing some major explosion. If it's fireworks storage there could have been several minutes of small pops and explosions before something big went that wasn't recorded or may just not have surfaced. Youtube fireworks explosions and sometimes you see a big massive boom.
There was a fire and a number of small flashes before the big explosion.

Like in this video? I guess it could be from storage of the products that make fireworks in large containers... But damn that was a big explosion!

Like in this video? I guess it could be from storage of the products that make fireworks in large containers... But damn that was a big explosion!
The roar kinda sounds like hundreds or thousands of small explosions before the big one.

Reactions: FïreBall
I don’t think it was a nuke. Don’t be fooled by the water vapor dome and after that dissipates there is too much structure left standing to be a nuke. Fat Man and Littleboy were firecrackers by today’s standards and they leveled whole cities. It was several tons of TNT equivalency though I’d guess.
Who said anything about those? What about a tactical nuke?

For reference only. This was filmed when a fireworks storage facility exploded.

The smoke color definitely points at something. Maybe some chemical I’m guessing.

That ain't what happened in Beirut. That explosion was a succession of explosions after the big one.

Agreed. That's why I posted it as a reference to compare. When large detonations of fireworks occur, the end result is similar to this. Not what we saw from Beirut.

Yeah, after looking at the view from the ocean, I'm leaning less away from nuke. Looked like there was a second explosion immediately after the first.

It looks nuke-like at first, but the cloud evaporated too quickly. I would venture to say an in home bomb detonated or possibly a dirty bomb...

That ain't what happened in Beirut. That explosion was a succession of explosions after the big one.
There is video of a second angle that does show what like exactly like fireworks going off right before the larger explosion.

I can't speak to the larger boom but there were definitely fireworks going off after the first, smaller explosion.

There is video of a second angle that does show what like exactly like fireworks going off right before the larger explosion.

I can't speak to the larger boom but there were definitely fireworks going off after the first, smaller explosion.

Maybe they were stored small arms rounds firing off from the heat and previous fire. You'll see flashes and it will give off a sound similar to fireworks

Reactions: ajvol01
I've seen video from a second angle and you can see fireworks going off. I was skeptical at first until I saw it.
I didn't notice at first, the building has heavy fire.. The smoke is there before hand, but I didn't notice how heavy the fire was until watching the video a few times.

VN Store

Back