FINALLY...PROOF that there IS NO>>>

In my faniky, we have a saying “Screw the woo!” Real men don’t woo, unless they are Rick Flair or wear bedazzled robes Go Vols!
GXOa7FmXAAAn9N1

in "Rocky Top"!!!

I was a kid going to my first Tennessee game, I was too young to understand anything but to cheer when everyone else did.

I didn’t know the words to Rockytop and couldn’t sing it. But I could woo as loud as any of them. It was easy to remember when to woo. It was so much fun to woo

Kids need the woo
Kids need to be taught the words to the song. Both of mine knew it while they were still in diapers. We sang it every night before prayers. I know, I know it may be a little extreme. However, they both grew up in Tallahassee around gator and Seminole fans and now live in Birmingham. They are ready for anything. 😂

Kids need to be taught the words to the song. Both of mine knew it while they were still in diapers. We sang it every night before prayers. I know, I know it may be a little extreme. However, they both grew up in Tallahassee around gator and Seminole fans and now live in Birmingham. They are ready for anything. 😂
I taught my daughter to say Go Vols when she was in diapers lol

But she hasn’t learned enough. I got mad when NC State intercepted the ball shouted at the tv and she started cheering because she didn’t realize which players were which.

Had to remind her it’s only the ones in orange and white that are the good guys

She just knows mommy gets very loud when Tennessee is playing

How sweet if life's real problems were this elementary! :rolleyes: But wooo cares🤷‍♂️ right?...no wait... I didn't want to do that...I refuse to be such a simpleton...ah heck, let it ride.

Mid 90s. Not sure when it really caught on. I read where band members started doing it in 97.
Good deal. I didn’t remember it in early 90s. Then after I graduated WOO was a thing. It is here to stay whether you love or hate it. Now, I need the woo break to catch my breath!!! Hope band plays it often the next several years!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I look at it this way, what if they played football the same way they did in 1959, the year I found my volhood, or telecast the games, what if cornbread was still the coach, I'll take a little woo to keep evolving . As long as our Vols keep playing things are going to change, just go with the flow. That's all I got to say about that.

VN Store

Back