'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

We got Jeudy Lali out of the portal.

But missed on Grimes, Fentress? Some other guys too last transfer portal.

So we have
JL / JM/ CC
KH / RG

Beasley will be a player. You're correct.

Deniko is solid but...we need Jonathan Wade type athletes out there
I think we need to BENCH Tank, move Slaughter to safety with Walker and start Jeudy-Lally at corner.

Wither way...McCullough needs to be coming off the bench.

I think we need to BENCH Tank, move Slaughter to safety with Walker and start Jeudy-Lally at corner.

Wither way...McCullough needs to be coming off the bench.

This is what I'm hoping plays out in fall camp...either that or Charles just beats McCullough out and Slaughter stays at CB...

I honestly think I like your scenario better though...either way it gets McCullough's slow a** off the field

We've won a National Championship. We've had many Top 5 recruiting classes in the past 35 years. So Clemson, Bama, UGA, Ohio State being elite the past 10 years in recruiting, just means they are recruiting at that level. Yes...there's enough good players for us to do the same WHILE they're still good.

Yes, recruiting is subjective.

Do you think our coaches have an idea of how to beat UGA? I absolutely believe they do...
Which is WHY they are recruiting the guys they are.
So...when you miss ON THOSE GUYS. It's a problem.

We don't have 1 DB in this class that can play man 2 man defense and run with an elite SEC WR. We have guys that create opportunities and make plays, but we're after Cai Bates for a reason. Because he can play man 2 man. He can play the ball. He can be physical with big WR.
- Beasley lacks speed but is a CB
- Goree is a NB
- Boo is a NB/S
- Foruuq is a NB/S
All of them are good tacklers and physical but we NEED a Cai Bates.

It's not just "oh well. Let's just get the next guy. Because they're all the same???"
Like what??
Shutter the program if we don’t land him?

IMO….. I doubt we allowed McCullough to come back if the plan wasn’t to start him.
Well the dude is experienced and does make some plays out there, but he has mostly played out of necessity.

We are a lot deeper and athletic now.

I'm glad he's on the team, but there's no reason guys like Christian Charles, Turrentine, Jourdan Thomas can't get more run out there.

We at least don't need him playing 80 snaps.

This is what I'm hoping plays out in fall camp...either that or Charles just beats McCullough out and Slaughter stays at CB...

I honestly think I like your scenario better though...either way it gets McCullough's slow a** off the field
I have a feeling Jeudy-Lally will eventually start.

He has graded out so much better than any of our other corners. It's only a matter of time before they keep him out there.

Having two aggressive athletic safeties like Walker and Slaughter will help us a lot.

We have so many experienced guys back there. No reason they shouldn't be able to improve upon their 127 pass def rank.

The only way TN recruits at the BAMA / UGA level (Top 3 classes year in year out) is if UGA and Clemson and Bama all fall back to middling programs like they were in the mid to late 90's. That is when TN can scoop up all the top talent in the Georgia and Carolinas.

But with BAMA, UGA, and Clemson having extreme success, to have a Top 10 class is good recruiting because we have to pull from similar areas.

And one could just as easily say that those schools recruited well because Tennessee fell back. Also, when Tennessee was recruiting at a high level in the 90s/early 2000s, Georgia was recruiting well. They just weren’t translating it into championships.

Tennessee can recruit with anyone. Tennessee is within 4-5 hours of a boatload of talent. Tennessee has a ton to sell and organic infrastructure that few schools have. Stop with the chicken little crap.

Shutter the program if we don’t land him?
what-else-are-we-supposed-to-do-maxwell-jenkins.gif

VN Store

Back