For once, timing broke Tennessee's way

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee Saturday night."
Staff member
I see how Heupel is tearing it up on the recruiting trail and it got me thinking...

Could you imagine trying to recruit in the NIL era with our previous AD's and how much of a mess it would be? Hamilton, Hart or Fulmer would have made this a disaster to try and work with.

Thank the Lord we got an excellent AD with Danny White (and competent HC) right before NIL became legal to help navigate those waters.

vols-tennesee-volunteers.gif

college-football-tennessee-vols.gif
giphy.gif

I see how Heupel is tearing it up on the recruiting trail and it got me thinking...

Could you imagine trying to recruit in the NIL era with our previous AD's and how much of a mess it would be? Hamilton, Hart or Fulmer would have made this a disaster to try and work with.

Thank the Lord we got an excellent AD with Danny White (and competent HC) right before NIL became legal to help navigate those waters.
JH can’t recruit, remember?😂😂😂

No idea why you guys like bashing Fulmer tbh. His record speaks for itself and had the only National and SEC championships for Tennessee in most of our lives. You can never say he wasn't a great recruiter. He would have been fine if they were allowed NIL in his day. I mean, money was always a part of it, just not in the open. Let's be real.

No idea why you guys like bashing Fulmer tbh. His record speaks for itself and had the only National and SEC championships for Tennessee in most of our lives. You can never say he wasn't a great recruiter. He would have been fine if they were allowed NIL in his day. I mean, money was always a part of it, just not in the open. Let's be real.
I can give it to you in a word----they're dumb a$$es

Love Fulmer, but he got lazy.

Love Fulmer, but he got lazy.
I disagree. He saw the change in football coming and hired a spread coach (Clawson) to run his I-Form personnel. He just wasnt given enough time to change. You can't change a I-Form team into a spread in one year. I will also add Clawson went on to make Bowling Green and Wake Forest into winning teams, which is remarkable. Fulmer was in the SEC championship game the year before his firing and 3 of his last 6 (IIRC?) at UT had them in that game or tied to go. I'm not sure how that is lazy. How many times since then have they even sniffed making that game?

Last edited:
It might be because he tried to coach several years too long then as AD he hired the worst football coach in school history. There is also his record against Florida.

Because he sucks

Because he sucks
Remind me who was the last coach to have Tennessee in the SEC championship game, the last coach to win a SEC championship, and the last coach to have multiple 10 win seasons (with one less regular season game btw)? Also, who was the last Tennessee coach to win a national championship? That guy sucked?

Remind me who was the last coach to have Tennessee in the SEC championship game, the last coach to win a SEC championship, and the last coach to have multiple 10 win seasons(with one less regular season game btw)? Also, who was the last Tennessee coach to win a national championship? That guy sucked?

This thread is not about Fulmer, it was about the job Danny White has done. But as I was talking about previous AD’s, Fulmer was mentioned because it was a job where he sucked

VN Store

Back