Fox purchases Outkick.

Sports and politics should be separated... Unless you're Clay Travis and you want to bring attention to your sports blog by talking about politics.

Edit: or is it just a political blog that claims to be a sports blog?

Last edited:
Reactions: NEO
Sports and politics should be separated... Unless you're Clay Travis and you want to bring attention to your sports blog by talking about politics.

I agree but Clay isn't playing sports. He has a media company.

...While claiming media companies like ESPN should avoid sports.

ESPN is widely thought of as a sports company. They broadcast sports as a 24 hour sports network.

I don't watch them but those who do expects to see it.

ESPN is widely thought of as a sports company. They broadcast sports as a 24 hour sports network.

I don't watch them but those who do expects to see it.

Clay Travis was widely thought of a sports guy with a bad sports blog (and hated as a liberal when he was on 104.5) until he figured out people would follow him if he gave them political hot takes they wanted to hear. He's no better or worse than ESPN but people round here worship him for some reason.

Edit: I haven't listened to him or read his string of one sentence paragraph blogs in years, but OP is right that he definitely doesn't wants everyone to know how rich he is.

Last edited:
but people round here worship him for some reason.
He knows his audience and knows what they want to to hear. He realizes he lives in a state that will probably be red until the end of time so he sprinkles in some right-wing BS along with his TN homerism and boom, people love him. Then they'll turn around and tell ESPN and the NFL and NBA to "stick to sports" because they are on the other side of the spectrum. They're too dumb to realize the irony.

Reactions: Septic
He knows his audience and knows what they want to to hear. He realizes he lives in a state that will probably be red until the end of time so he sprinkles in some right-wing BS along with his TN homerism and boom, people love him. Then they'll turn around and tell ESPN and the NFL and NBA to "stick to sports" because they are on the other side of the spectrum. They're too dumb to realize the irony.
Clay Travis monopolized the Outrage Industrial Complex. "Sports and politics should stay separate, but I'm gonna complain about the athletes who disagree with me politically. If athletes agree with me politically, I won't complain about them."

He's making a ton of money off of these sheep.

Clay Travis was widely thought of a sports guy with a bad sports blog (and hated as a liberal when he was on 104.5) until he figured out people would follow him if he gave them political hot takes they wanted to hear. He's no better or worse than ESPN but people round here worship him for some reason.

Edit: I haven't listened to him or read his string of one sentence paragraph blogs in years, but OP is right that he definitely doesn't wants everyone to know how rich he is.

Why do you care how rich Clay is? He doesn't work for the government.

Find a single quote from Clay that gives you the impression he was a liberal when he was on 104.5.

Many people start out as democrats when they are young and immature.

Reactions: StarRaider
Why do you care how rich Clay is? He doesn't work for the government.

Find a single quote from Clay that gives you the impression he was a liberal when he was on 104.5.

Many people start out as democrats when they are young and immature.
Do your own homework.

Clay Travis monopolized the Outrage Industrial Complex. "Sports and politics should stay separate, but I'm gonna complain about the athletes who disagree with me politically. If athletes agree with me politically, I won't complain about them."

He's making a ton of money off of these sheep.
Many of them are on this board, RIP your notifications.

Also... let me know when he's any different from ESPN as a guy who has a sports media operation but gets political.

Clay has always been like this. He said outrageous things on 104.5. I mostly didn't like him because he openly complained about UT. Once he left, the show went down hill. Yes, it's a popular position in the state but look a lot of other sports drones toting the Woke line. He doesn't and don't care what anyone thinks. He'd just do something else if this wasn't successful. He's not a one trick pony.

VN Store

Back