Fox purchases Outkick.

more on the value of Outkick

OutKick’s business spans multiple platforms and outlets. Clay Travis’ sports radio show reaches more than 10 million monthly listeners and is the No. 1 daily sports radio show in the mornings in the U.S.

my brother used to work at Wilson in quality control - my first set of clubs was a mismatched set of Staff and Walter Hagens that were forged. Probably the worst option for a beginning golfer ever.

LOL - the early model Wilson blades were brutally unforgiving. Better get the sweet spot every swing. He must not have wanted you to take up the game.

more on the value of Outkick

OutKick’s business spans multiple platforms and outlets. Clay Travis’ sports radio show reaches more than 10 million monthly listeners and is the No. 1 daily sports radio show in the mornings in the U.S.
That's impressive. Had no idea.

LOL - the early model Wilson blades were brutally unforgiving. Better get the sweet spot every swing. He must not have wanted you to take up the game.

these were probably circa 1980 and they were free due to being QC rejects

That's impressive. Had no idea.

If that’s what you call being swept under the sea from ridding the populist wave , Im starting to wonder what Evil La .. umm Tyler thinks it takes to make it in this country .

Reactions: BreatheUT
Or slurpers.

Who is slurping Clay Travis? You seem to be unusually jealous of his success. You keep saying you sheep fell for it. Fell for what? He is entertaining if nothing else. A bit hypocritical at times bunt he can be funny.

I like listening to his gambling picks. Especially when his blood bank guarantees fail miserably.

Sports and politics should definitely be separate. But what’s the problem specifically with Clay? Is it because now he is with Fox? I mean who cares? ESPN is with the left and now Outkick is with the right. So what?

He saved us from Schiano and gave us Fulmer and Pruitt so he must be worshipped.

Wow so Clay hired Pruitt and Fulmer? Man I would love to see some proof of that. While you are at it, could you please provide the proof that Travis is worshipped around here?

Thanks.

didn't and don't

This sidetrack takes me back, and I feel obligated to share with the people that the greatest set of forged itons made...still to this day...are the Mizuno MP-14s.

I’m no longer good enough to carry forged blades, but I still long for the feel of nutting one with the MP-14s. Have never found another set with the same feel of perfection.

This. Love him or hate him, he has pulled a complete 180.

The way I understand it is he was let go or quit because of a contract dispute. Raise wasn't what he thought it should be and he was probably right.

Last edited:
Who is slurping Clay Travis? You seem to be unusually jealous of his success. You keep saying you sheep fell for it. Fell for what? He is entertaining if nothing else. A bit hypocritical at times bunt he can be funny.

I like listening to his gambling picks. Especially when his blood bank guarantees fail miserably.

Sports and politics should definitely be separate. But what’s the problem specifically with Clay? Is it because now he is with Fox? I mean who cares? ESPN is with the left and now Outkick is with the right. So what?

I haven't liked him for years. the fact he's with fox has nothing to do with it. The reason I dont like him is because of the hypocrisy of his shtick. He started acting like every athlete, sports media company, or personality should stick to sports except for him.

I dont watch commentary shows on ESPN either.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
I haven't liked him for years. the fact he's with fox has nothing to do with it. The reason I dont like him is because of the hypocrisy of his shtick. He started acting like every athlete, sports media company, or personality should stick to sports except for him.

Clay must have slept with your boyfriend. HA!

Reactions: StarRaider
I love how Clay gets fake Wokesters in the media fired up. Haven’t listened in quite some time, but even if he’s a hypocrite he’s more intelligent than 99% of sports media. Constantly gets them caught in lies and looking like idiots. Albeit, not very difficult to do.

This sidetrack takes me back, and I feel obligated to share with the people that the greatest set of forged itons made...still to this day...are the Mizuno MP-14s.

I’m no longer good enough to carry forged blades, but I still long for the feel of nutting one with the MP-14s. Have never found another set with the same feel of perfection.

I agree 100 percent. I no longer play them, but oh that feeling of the sweet spot was like hitting a marshmallow. My son still plays with them.

Fair enough. But it seems like you and Durden have this misconception that because some on here like Travis, that we worship him or have fell for something. I highly doubt many on here think Travis is the authority on anything. He shares his opinions just like everyone else. Some I agree with some J don’t.

Does the fact that you don’t like him mean he is wrong all the time? No. Does it mean he never brings factual info? No. Does it mean he always brings factual info? Absolutely not.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Fair enough. But it seems like you and Durden have this misconception that because some on here like Travis, that we worship him or have fell for something. I highly doubt many on here think Travis is the authority on anything. He shares his opinions just like everyone else. Some I agree with some J don’t.

Does the fact that you don’t like him mean he is wrong all the time? No. Does it mean he never brings factual info? No. Does it mean he always brings factual info? Absolutely not.

And some on here have the misconception that because I don't like him, I'm jealous of him. I think he made a smart business move by pandering to a certain crowd. That doesn't mean I can't think his "I can say whatever I want but nobody else should" act is BS.

I dont think I questioned anything about whether his statements were factual or not.

Hey I have some Wilson blades. Really like them and got them about 12 years ago used. Sold my Calloway X-14's. Hate lotsa sole.
Can pinch the ball and get great height.

Hey I have some Wilson blades. Really like them and got them about 12 years ago used. Sold my Calloway X-14's. Hate lotsa sole.
Can pinch the ball and get great height.

They are probably remarkably different between the old school staffs Bham was talking about. Bet he had some sweet persimmons to go along worth those sticks.

They are probably remarkably different between the old school staffs Bham was talking about. Bet he had some sweet persimmons to go along worth those sticks.

They are Wilson Staffs. Littlle meatier than old school blades. I still have some old Power Bilts as well in the garage. When I was in my 20's my friend would crush persimmons 300 yds and I would tee of with a 1-iron. I went thru this wierd phase where I could not hit any woods, like make any decent contact whatsoever, but tee with a 1I or 3I and hit 210-220. Totally bizarre and took me years to overcome.

VN Store

Back