Fox purchases Outkick.

Clay has always been like this. He said outrageous things on 104.5. I mostly didn't like him because he openly complained about UT. Once he left, the show went down hill. Yes, it's a popular position in the state but look a lot of other sports drones toting the Woke line. He doesn't and don't care what anyone thinks. He'd just do something else if this wasn't successful. He's not a one trick pony.

He is a one trick pony. He had no inside sports knowledge and his takes sucked, so he switched to politics and sheep like you fell for it.

Edit: based on your last post I apologize for calling you a sheep.

Seems like his influence is starting to wane so I'm guessing he's cashing out before fading away.

Clay has always been like this. He said outrageous things on 104.5. I mostly didn't like him because he openly complained about UT. Once he left, the show went down hill. Yes, it's a popular position in the state but look a lot of other sports drones toting the Woke line. He doesn't and don't care what anyone thinks. He'd just do something else if this wasn't successful. He's not a one trick pony.

I disagree. His schtick is whatever will make him money. Sorry for replying more than once.

Where is he going? They didnt acquire it and fire him.

But yea, it was waning so much that someone swooped in and paid up. Lol.
Honestly the only time I hear about him is here. Used to be I couldn't go three days without seeing someone post his garbage takes. I don't think I've seen anyone post anything of his all year until now. He rode the wave of populism for a few years and benefited from it. Good for him. People have figured out that populism sucks and those who've ridden the wave are getting swept under the sea.

Reactions: RockyTop85
Honestly the only time I hear about him is here. Used to be I couldn't go three days without seeing someone post his garbage takes. I don't think I've seen anyone post anything of his all year until now. He rode the wave of populism for a few years and benefited from it. Good for him. People have figured out that populism sucks and those who've ridden the wave are getting swept under the sea.

So he got paid and is still the president of the company. And this is swept under?

So he got paid and is still the president of the company. And this is swept under?
How much did he get paid and is the company worth anything? Most of the time when I hear about deals like this there is a dollar figure included. I haven't seen anything like that and have a hard time believing a self-serving braggart like Travis wouldn't be shouting how much he got paid from the rooftops right now if it was anything significant.

How much did he get paid and is the company worth anything? Most of the time when I hear about deals like this there is a dollar figure included. I haven't seen anything like that and have a hard time believing a self-serving braggart like Travis wouldn't be shouting how much he got paid from the rooftops right now if it was anything significant.

Even if he got $10m, good for him, but yeah, they're not gonna float that number out there when Spotify's buying The Ringer for $200m.

Yea, your assumptions, based on dumbassery, certainly seem to be the most plausible conclusion. He probably got a Chick Fil A gift card and some Wilson golf clubs.

Barstool sold 36% for $136 million. I'm betting Outkick went for more than $10 million.

Props to the guy. From his firing from 104.5 to his rebranding as a stand alone personality, he accomplished what many others never do.

Wonder how much he got from Fox?

This. Love him or hate him, he has pulled a complete 180.

I disagree. His schtick is whatever will make him money. Sorry for replying more than once.
Of course, that’s everyone’s shtick these days. Do you honestly believe that most of the cable news/talk radio hosts or internet guys actually believe any of the sh*t that they peddle? They’re all playing characters. Portnoy is the only one that I think is even halfway genuine.

Barstool sold 36% for $136 million. I'm betting Outkick went for more than $10 million.

I went low for the sake of the point but he's not even in the same business as barstool. They have the #1 pod and three in the top 20 and the pizza stuff is Portnoy's biggest thing, and that's outside of sports podding. The Ringer has the #2 and #8 show, and five top 40 shows and that's not counting the non sports stuff those guys do. Clay's show isn't even top 50.

This is all based on apple downloads

Of course, that’s everyone’s shtick these days. Do you honestly believe that most of the cable news/talk radio hosts or internet guys actually believe any of the sh*t that they peddle? They’re all playing characters. Portnoy is the only one who I think is even halfway genuine.
I really don't pay attention to any of them, but I used to listen to Travis on the radio. I don't think he's any better or worse than the rest if them, but it amazed me that for a time every tweet he threw out was posted on VN as if he was some kind of authority or unbiased arbiter.

Don't we have posters who claim to be BFF's with Clay? One of y'all ask him how much the deal is worth and why it's not being made public.

I really don't pay attention to any of them, but I used to listen to Travis on the radio. I don't think he's any better or worse than the rest if them, but it amazed me that for a time every tweet he threw out was posted on VN as if he was some kind of authority or unbiased arbiter.
He saved us from Schiano and gave us Fulmer and Pruitt so he must be worshipped.

Reactions: clarksvol00
I went low for the sake of the point but he's not even in the same business as barstool. They have the #1 pod and three in the top 20 and the pizza stuff is Portnoy's biggest thing, and that's outside of sports podding. The Ringer has the #2 and #8 show, and five top 40 shows and that's not counting the non sports stuff those guys do. Clay's show isn't even top 50.

This is all based on apple downloads

not sure how this compares but he's definitely got an audience of value:

"Fox said Travis’ sports radio show reaches more than 10 million monthly listeners and noted the Outkick podcast network, which launched in September, boasts more than four million monthly episode downloads. The company said approximately two-thirds of Outkick users are between the ages of 18 and 54, with more than 70% reporting household income above $50,000."

bottomline, he created something of value and is reaping the rewards. agree with him or hate him this is what what the entrepreneurial dream is about.

The forged blades or cavity backs?

my brother used to work at Wilson in quality control - my first set of clubs was a mismatched set of Staff and Walter Hagens that were forged. Probably the worst option for a beginning golfer ever.

VN Store

Back