Free Kasey

What is up with this Kasey Funderburg deal? We need her on the sidelines.

Someone start a #gofund me thing to get her some legal counsel.
There’s no legal grounds for her. Vol network didn’t want to deal with that so they let her go.

I had a guy I went to school with elementary to high school post on FB ‘if I ever touched your booty in the fifth grade, I am sorry, I need my job’ 🤣
That's funny. (I don't condone touching booties though).
That's one way that one learns appropriate and inappropriate behavior. If you have to pick yourself up off ground, you know that it was inappropriate.

Last edited:
That funny.
That's one way that one learns appropriate and inappropriate behavior. If you have to pick yourself up off ground, you know that it was inappropriate.
Usually a good hand smack was pretty good behavior modification 😂 not that I would know or anything lol.. but the funniest part was just handled it all ourselves, nobody even thought to tell the teacher or anything 😂

There’s no legal grounds for her. Vol network didn’t want to deal with that so they let her go.
Yep, there are a few exceptions to the “at-will” rule in TN but what you say on social media isn’t among them. The exceptions pertain to things like they can’t fire you if you get called to military service, called to jury duty, vote a certain way, etc

if her employment agreement didn’t specifically say she would not be subject to termination based on something she said online, she almost certainly doesn’t have a case

I think some of the posters in this thread need to become more informed before making such statements. It wasn't one word or one tweet. It was several and she wasn't 14 when she said it. She was 16 and 17 years old.

Having said that, I think we need to forgive. Still though - get your facts straight before you make a stance on something that has real implications for multiple people that are part of our Vol family...f'n hillbillies giving us a bad name.

Reactions: 08Vol and VolGirl05
I think some of the posters in this thread need to become more informed before making such statements. It wasn't one word or one tweet. It was several and she wasn't 14 when she said it. She was 16 and 17 years old.

Having said that, I think we need to forgive. Still though - get your facts straight before you make a stance on something that has real implications for multiple people that are part of our Vol family...f'n hillbillies giving us a bad name.

Well, what did she say? I still can't find it

Yep, there are a few exceptions to the “at-will” rule in TN but what you say on social media isn’t among them. The exceptions pertain to things like they can’t fire you if you get called to military service, called to jury duty, vote a certain way, etc

if her employment agreement didn’t specifically say she would not be subject to termination based on something she said online, she almost certainly doesn’t have a case
. I got fired once being non-Cajun 😂 there was nothing I could do because non- Cajun status is not a protected group in Louisiana 😂 I sh!t you not lol.. you can be fired for absolutely anything

Arguably our best defensive player was arrested and told the arresting cop that where he’s from they kill cops. He was allowed to grow and become a valuable member of the University, Knoxville community and potentially have a future in the NFL. This girl who called out someone for being racist or a supporting a racist act gets her Twitter TL looked up and reveals that she used a terrible racial term when she was 14. 14 YEARS OLD. What the hell are we doing here?

**** the Richard G West account, isn't that the d-bag that turned her in? I say trash that guy

Obviously not a great thing to tweet. I’d venture many of us did some dumb things as teenagers that would not go over well if it were publicized. Young people since social media became huge will have things coming back to haunt them potentially no matter how much time passes. She wouldn’t be in trouble had she not made those tweets, but I also believe that people can grow and become better, and that we are sometimes quick to want to punish but slow to forgive.

**** the Richard G West account, isn't that the d-bag that turned her in? I say trash that guy
She criticized him for a bad joke he made that claimed UT wanted fans to paint their faces black as part of the blackout for the Kentucky game. I think he posts a lot of funny stuff…but that one clearly crossed a line that shouldn’t be crossed.

Someone else with way too much time on their hands dug up her old tweets afterwards.

“Hillbillies giving us a bad name”?? Wow that’s not a condescending response to people’s opinions? Also……14,15,16,17, whatever age there she tweeted something stupid, it’s 100% absurdity to fire her over it as an adult. To say that your past as a child/teenager should implicate your status as an adult is ridiculous.
Just curious, what “implications” do you speak of?

VN Store

Back