Fulmer needs to be the first to go

There is the problem.

How exactly is it "the problem?" Firing an AD isn't going to make the football program suddenly better. It isn't going to change the candidate pool if there's a change in the head coach spot either. If you think firing the whole upper administration every time we lose a football game we shouldn't is going to somehow fix the problems, then you're literally insane.

The athletics department is a multi-million dollar operation that has been improved dramatically since Fulmer was hired. Literally night and day. I'm sorry that you're mad our football coach can't find a quarterback that can beat Arkansas. That's a problem. Football pays the bills, but the weekly whims of fans over how the team plays from Saturday to Saturday doesn't move the needle with the people that make those sorts of decisions. That's because they run successful businesses. And those businesses didn't become successful by firing the CEO every time a regional manager has a down quarter. Will they eventually have to replace the regional manager? Probably. But they're not going to fire the whole company over it.

How exactly is it "the problem?" Firing an AD isn't going to make the football program suddenly better. It isn't going to change the candidate pool if there's a change in the head coach spot either. If you think firing the whole upper administration every time we lose a football game we shouldn't is going to somehow fix the problems, then you're literally insane.

The athletics department is a multi-million dollar operation that has been improved dramatically since Fulmer was hired. Literally night and day. I'm sorry that you're mad our football coach can't find a quarterback that can beat Arkansas. That's a problem. Football pays the bills, but the weekly whims of fans over how the team plays from Saturday to Saturday doesn't move the needle with the people that make those sorts of decisions. That's because they run successful businesses. And those businesses didn't become successful by firing the CEO every time a regional manager has a down quarter. Will they eventually have to replace the regional manager? Probably. But they're not going to fire the whole company over it.
Who hired your regional manager and then gave him an extension when one was not warranted? The philosophy of your CEO is what is driving your organization into the ground. Right now you are looking at bellying up.

Reactions: sona and hog88

Uh-oh...a voice of reason.:oops::cool:

40da48e9b98f5075f170beddc58ac7bc.jpg

This entire organization is plainly pathetic. We’re likely better off canceling the rest of the season.
It’s the only sure fire way to avoid further embarrassing performances of this era of UT football.

Reactions: onevol74
There is zero support at the booster or administration level to make a move on Philip. If Pruitt fails and they have to make a new hire after the 2021 season, it’ll be his to make.
Interesting. Thanks for posting and letting us know that. Always appreciate and respect your knowledge of the situation.

So I am assuming the boosters and administration were all also on board and agreeable to the extension.

Interesting. Thanks for posting and letting us know that. Always appreciate and respect your knowledge of the situation.

So I am assuming the boosters and administration were all also on board and agreeable to the extension.
Surely is congruent with our plan for mediocrity.

When the extension was agreed to back in February, it certainly seemed like a prudent thing to do. Coming off one of the longest winning streaks in the country, a bowl victory, and a highly rated recruiting class, the extension made sense.

Announcing it when they did was a mistake. I can understand not announcing it in the middle of the Covid shut down, but I might have just let it go without a major announcement.

when Jeremy was hired, it was sold to major boosters as a five-year plan. That has been pretty consistent with the decision-makers since then, and I don’t think there will be great movement to make a change during that time line unless it becomes an untenable situation. I don’t think we are nearly there yet.

Reactions: FranklinVFL
When the extension was agreed to back in February, it certainly seemed like a prudent thing to do. Coming off one of the longest winning streaks in the country, a bowl victory, and a highly rated recruiting class, the extension made sense.

Announcing it when they did was a mistake. I can understand not announcing it in the middle of the Covid shut down, but I might have just let it go without a major announcement.

when Jeremy was hired, it was sold to major boosters as a five-year plan. That has been pretty consistent with the decision-makers since then, and I don’t think there will be great movement to make a change during that time line unless it becomes an untenable situation. I don’t think we are nearly there yet.

Extending him after 2 seasons was not the prudent thing to do, there was no reason to extend him. His original deal was 6 years so he still had 4 years left and if this season turned out good there was time for an extension prior to early signing day.

Fulmer screwed the pooch and demonstrated why he shouldn't have gotten the AD job.

Extending him after 2 seasons was not the prudent thing to do, there was no reason to extend him. His original deal was 6 years so he still had 4 years left and if this season turned out good there was time for an extension prior to early signing day.

Fulmer screwed the pooch and demonstrated why he shouldn't have gotten the AD job.

The athletic department and even above there is filled with poor management. I pulled my donation and went so far as to change my will over it. I'm wasnt a mega booster by any means but it will cost UT 6 figures from me over time. I have a friend who was donating around 6 figures a year who pulled the plug a few years ago too, due to no commitment to having a decently ran athletic department. It's UCLA screwing up negotiations with Barnes over his buyout away from being Chernobyl over there.

Reactions: hog88
At this point, the first termination needs the be Fulmer for extending Pruitt and making him basically unfireable due to the buyout.
Surely you jest my dear fellow??!!

CPF, the Lionheart of Tennessee, is who we need in the admiral's seat, steering the vol navy though this most treacherous of courses. His experience, love for Tennessee, and football acumen is unmatched in the lore of this proud program. In time, he will right the wrongs wrought on us by the likes of kiffin, dooley, butch, and pruitt.... and then woe betide our enemies, for far they will fall.

Dude saved the basketball program by paying Barnes serious cash. He has to get the next hire right though. *cough Hugh Freeze cough*
It will never be Freeze, my old friend. His character is in question, to say the least.... the very least.

CPF is, first and foremost, a molder of men. He will not let such a charlatan befoul the banks of the Tennessee River, not when a superior option is so readily available--specifically, CPF taking the reigns of the program once more, to vault us back to the rarefied air to which we were formerly so accustomed.

The athletic department and even above there is filled with poor management. I pulled my donation and went so far as to change my will over it. I'm wasnt a mega booster by any means but it will cost UT 6 figures from me over time. I have a friend who was donating around 6 figures a year who pulled the plug a few years ago too, due to no commitment to having a decently ran athletic department. It's UCLA screwing up negotiations with Barnes over his buyout away from being Chernobyl over there.

In 2012-13, the above was true. Today, I couldn't possibly disagree with this statement more. You're welcome to do whatever you want with your money, but you're flat wrong about the current state of affairs, especially compared to the last 15 years.

VN Store

Back