Fulmer needs to be the first to go

You wanna bash him for the extension, fine. But it was a weird situation that he walked in to. We had the freaking NC ST coach turn down the job. Instead of getting a for sure average coach, might as well gamble on a new guy and Pruitt was the type of coach we wanted as far as a D minded guy who likes smashmouth ball.
If that's the type of guy "we" wanted, then the opposite should've been hired. "We" obviously don't know anything about football. I really don't believe that's what all of us wanted.

Yes because Fulmer is the only AD in America to hire and give an extension when things were looking up, fast forward to now we're somehow getting worse every game. If hindsight was 20/20 he probably should have waited to see how this season would go. Firing coach would be dumb as hell, and the coach I'm referring to is coach Fulmer, I like Pruitt but I don't think he's a very good headcoach.

really thought Phil had tennessee football's best interest at heart but it turns out hes a cuck like the rest of them.

You mouth breathers wanted Fulmer gone in 2009 and got it, and look where we are.

This is on Pruitt. Not Fulmer.
Do you believe that Phil had more good years in him?
It is very telling that other teams were not fighting it out for his services after he was let go.
BTW-not cool calling people who disagree with you mouth breathers.

Reactions: onevol74
Did he not give him an extension?
The purpose of the extentsion was to show recruits and current players stability. We had a top 5 recruiting class at the time & came into the season ranked so i could understand it bc it looked like we were moving in the right direction. Hindsight is 20/20.

Reactions: DougAtkins91
The purpose of the extentsion was to show recruits and current players stability. We had a top 5 recruiting class at the time & came into the season ranked so i could understand it bc it looked like we were moving in the right direction. Hindsight is 20/20.
He had 4 years left? I get it if it was 1 or 2 but he had 4 years left.

At this point, the first termination needs the be Fulmer for extending Pruitt and making him basically unfireable due to the buyout.
This attitude is exactly why we are in the position we are in. We lose its not about what can we do to get better or if the other team was better (they weren't this time) but who to fire. Fulmar as a coach was fired after 2 bad seasons....in his career.half the time since he was fire his worst 2 seasons would have been improvements. Yet we still go back to the well. Fahr, fahr, fahr. How about we just chill the F out. This isn't even a real season. Anyone expecting some huge turnaround in the middle of all this is on crack. Let's let this season end. Then see how things turn out next year.

Us freaking does not help the team whether CJP is here next year or not. Us as fans supporting our team, however CAN influence recruits wanting to be here. We freak and he stays it makes recruits more wary if they think we have a lame duck coach. If he's fired, and that's the worst move we could make right now. Refer to the last decade on how that turns out. But, even if CJP is fired our best move as fans is to be positive a d supportive. I don't care if you like it or think you could do better.we are fans not coaches or admins. Our place is to support our team. Thick or thin fans should be there.miss me with all the BS about you're not gonna pay support blah blah. Half the cats saying that have never been to neyland or bought UT gear anywhere but walmart or the flea market. If you're out go away. We don't need chicken littles and whiners.we need ride or die VFL's.

I wish I understood how to be fair weather. But lickily I was born into a country I love that still sees me as second class. I was born in a state where I could easily feel marginalized. But none of that matters. I am a proud american. A proud Tennessean. A proud VFL. Nothing anyone can do or say will change that. I've lived through ups and down and experience has taught me staying the course and having patience works out. Impatience and impulsiveness are what leads to people being statistics. It's what leads to people feeling sorry for themselves. UT is a winning program even when it's not winning. I wear my full orange Everytime we lose. So everyone knows we are still here. I have no need to celebrate wins because in my lifetime we've had plenty and before I'm gone we will have plenty more.

Stop b...ching and moaning and fly that power T. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves because you're embarrassed your friend that's a Bama fan is gonna make fun of you. Do your part and support these kids, because, trust me it makes a difference especially in this world of social media. Anyone that's ever played the game knows what it means to have the fans behind you no matter what. I am so sick of seeing all you weak ass fair weather fans whining.

Reactions: HighBrowCat
You mouth breathers wanted Fulmer gone in 2009 and got it, and look where we are.

This is on Pruitt. Not Fulmer.
No, you mouth breathers thought that fat zebra would change his stripes and adapt to the new pace of the game. He didn't then, he hasn't now, and he hired an idiot who thinks just like him. How's that smashmouth football working out these days against the spread offenses?

Reactions: VolArmy74
Pruitt was not going anywhere fast, the extension and the raise were simply Fulmers ploy to further lock himself into the program, Fulmer had zero opportunities after Tennessee canned him, he thought he was a lock for the Clemson job and the direction they went is instructive for Tennessee fans, when kids from Knoxville and Oak Ridge are signing to play at Clemson, that should be an eye opening development,

Tennessee's athletic administration is full of people that no other school will hire except for Tennessee

I wish I understood how to be fair weather.

About a million things I could reply with, but really I stopped reading after this statement.

Please tell me how anyone on this board who still posts can be labeled as a “fair weather” fan.

To be a fair weather fan, there has to be fair weather. When the heck has there been fair weather in the past 13 years?

Just one more thing...football coaching is a performance-based occupation. There are no participation trophies. If you do not perform, you lose your job. There are winners and there are losers. And we are not winners...we are not even mediocre at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: NEO and VolFaninFla
Again...for the slow people in the room...

It was NOT the hire...it was the unnecessary extension and raise that has financially tied us to this dumpster fire for 2-3 more years.
Exactly! Fulmer actually started all of this beginning around 2007 when he stopped really recruiting and then in 2009, looses to Wyoming, looked completely uninterested and did not fight to get his assistance more money and kept all the money for himself. Thus, the revolving door began of coaches and athletic directors, then the powers that be brought in a Bama guy to run things and he kept giving Butch contract extensions and raises for doing nothing and when Hart left there was a huge opportunity to turn the program around and bring in a smart business man familiar with the UT program and bleeds orange, David Blackburn. However, the powers that be didn't even speak to him and tried to bring in whomever would be their puppet and when those people didn't make the cut, a football coach, aka glorified physical education teacher, is hired to be the athletic director. Fulmer has no business being in that role. He wants to be everyone's friend and not take firm control of the program or make the best decisions. i.e. a contract extension and raise for what? We also have yet to see a sweet sixteen with Barnes who has had tremendous talent, so don't get too excited on him. There is a reason Texas was elated to get rid of him.

This attitude is exactly why we are in the position we are in. We lose its not about what can we do to get better or if the other team was better (they weren't this time) but who to fire. Fulmar as a coach was fired after 2 bad seasons....in his career.half the time since he was fire his worst 2 seasons would have been improvements. Yet we still go back to the well. Fahr, fahr, fahr. How about we just chill the F out. This isn't even a real season. Anyone expecting some huge turnaround in the middle of all this is on crack. Let's let this season end. Then see how things turn out next year.

Us freaking does not help the team whether CJP is here next year or not. Us as fans supporting our team, however CAN influence recruits wanting to be here. We freak and he stays it makes recruits more wary if they think we have a lame duck coach. If he's fired, and that's the worst move we could make right now. Refer to the last decade on how that turns out. But, even if CJP is fired our best move as fans is to be positive a d supportive. I don't care if you like it or think you could do better.we are fans not coaches or admins. Our place is to support our team. Thick or thin fans should be there.miss me with all the BS about you're not gonna pay support blah blah. Half the cats saying that have never been to neyland or bought UT gear anywhere but walmart or the flea market. If you're out go away. We don't need chicken littles and whiners.we need ride or die VFL's.

I wish I understood how to be fair weather. But lickily I was born into a country I love that still sees me as second class. I was born in a state where I could easily feel marginalized. But none of that matters. I am a proud american. A proud Tennessean. A proud VFL. Nothing anyone can do or say will change that. I've lived through ups and down and experience has taught me staying the course and having patience works out. Impatience and impulsiveness are what leads to people being statistics. It's what leads to people feeling sorry for themselves. UT is a winning program even when it's not winning. I wear my full orange Everytime we lose. So everyone knows we are still here. I have no need to celebrate wins because in my lifetime we've had plenty and before I'm gone we will have plenty more.

Stop b...ching and moaning and fly that power T. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves because you're embarrassed your friend that's a Bama fan is gonna make fun of you. Do your part and support these kids, because, trust me it makes a difference especially in this world of social media. Anyone that's ever played the game knows what it means to have the fans behind you no matter what. I am so sick of seeing all you weak ass fair weather fans whining.

Pot, call kettle black.
You do whining well Mr.MVP of whining.

About a million things I could reply with, but really I stopped reading after this statement.

Please tell me how anyone on this board who still posts can be labeled as a “fair weather” fan.

To be a fair weather fan, there has to be fair weather. When the heck has there been fair weather in the past 13 years?

Just one more thing...football coaching is a performance-based occupation. There are no participation trophies. If you do perform, you lose your job. There are winners and there are losers. And we are not winners...we are not even mediocre at this point.

If you are a UT fan at this point taking time you post on a message board, you are a die hard fan boarding on cult status.

Holy crap! I just realized I am in a cult.

We all need therapy.

I was extremely excited when Fulmer took over as AD. I thought if anyone can turn TN around it’s him. He has utterly failed. I have no problem with him getting canned immediately and Pruitt can go with him.
Fulmer is a football coach/aka physical education teacher, not a business man

Reactions: onevol74
At this point, the first termination needs the be Fulmer for extending Pruitt and making him basically unfireable due to the buyout.
Agreed but Fulmer didn’t extend Pruitt for Pruitt’s sake. He did it to save his own hide

Agree...why did David Blackbutn resign from Chattanooga?
Blackburn did not resign from UTC. They parted ways because of how hard Blackburn was campaigning for the UT job, which he rightfully deserved but never had one person reach out to him. Now he is at MTSU and doing a great job, just as expected.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back