Fulmer Wont Be Around Much Longer.........

I think SOS is 62 or so. Guys, CPF has been coaching o long time. Don't underestimate that he will get burned out at some point. 2000,2002,2003 were all disasterous years. Fulmer himself said it was easy to get burned out. He is already the longest tenured coach in the SEC so how much longer can he put his body through the grind. And remember he is overweight and I don't need to tell you how that can end a career early as well.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Feb 23, 2005 2:14 PM
I think SOS is 62 or so. Guys, CPF has been coaching o long time. Don't underestimate that he will get burned out at some point. 2000,2002,2003 were all disasterous years. Fulmer himself said it was easy to get burned out. He is already the longest tenured coach in the SEC so how much longer can he put his body through the grind. And remember he is overweight and I don't need to tell you how that can end a career early as well.

Yawn

the first time it was funny now it's just getting boring. Fulmer will outlast all the currently active coaches in the SEC

Originally posted by Volsaholic@Feb 23, 2005 2:24 PM
Yawn

the first time it was funny now it's just getting boring. Fulmer will outlast all the currently active coaches in the SEC

That's the truest statement in this whole thread. :good:

Don't underestimate that he will get burned out at some point. 2000,2002,2003 were all disasterous years. Fulmer himself said it was easy to get burned out.

Burned out??? Let me tell you something, Fulmer has a better chance of passing away right there on the field than getting burned out. He is not doing this just because he enjoys it. He is doing it because he bleeds orange and white through and through. How many coaches can you say that about? Fulmer is Tennessee's biggest fan. (no fat jokes please) ;) You don't see the Pope trying to retire do ya? Same thing here........kind of!

holy group think batman. You guys are never going to admit that Fulmer is getting up there in years and may need a rest. OK. I hope you are right and he coaches another 15 years. But I don't think I would put any money on that.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Feb 23, 2005 2:41 PM
holy group think batman. You guys are never going to admit that Fulmer is getting up there in years and may need a rest. OK. I hope you are right and he coaches another 15 years. But I don't think I would put any money on that.

Go find some other board to troll, you're beyond boring

Originally posted by westsidevol@Feb 23, 2005 2:00 PM
well I don't want the other recruiters using that against us. I can already hear Meyer saying "do not go to UT, Fulmer will not be there much longer". At some point that is going to happen. But if we have a replacement then it will not be that bad.

Yeah, I guess Meyer and Richt would probably use those cheap tactics.

While I think Fulmer will still be around for 6-10 years, we will have to think about a replacement at some point. A lot can happen in 10 years though so who knows who will be in a position to take the reigns.

Nobody said he wasn't getting older...but to worry about something 10 years down the road in football? Come on, this is sports we are talking about, not our 401K.

Sok 2000, 2002 and 2003 were all disastrous.

Lets compare the last 5 seasons to the others in the EAST.

........ 2000 .......2001..........2002........20003.......2004
Vols . 8/4........11/2*.........8/5............10/3........10/2*

uga... 8/4........8/4..............13/1** .......11/3*......10/2

FL......FL10/3**....10/2 ..... 8/5..............8/5.......7/5

Here's the records for the last 5 years for the best teams in the East.

One asterisk denotes winning the division 2 the conference.

How can anyone call a 10 win season disastrous.

Did Georgia have a disastrous season this year? They only won 10.

Originally posted by Volsaholic@Feb 23, 2005 2:24 PM
Yawn

Along with all the bandwagon fanboys of late.

well if you call going to the Peach Bowl and getting your backside pounded by Clemson a successful season then I guess you are correct. Not to mention we also lost to UGA for the 4th straight time. I agree that maybe 2003 was not as bad as 2000 and 2002 but I would hardly say the Peach bowl marks a good year.

OK OK OK already. I have now thought about who will replace Fulmer in 2012. Everyone lese do the same and lets move on to a new thread!

:furious3: :bs:

Originally posted by volmanjr@Feb 23, 2005 4:04 PM
who cares? Man we need football around here!

For real! Just think, April isn't that far away now. :good:

Originally posted by westsidevol@Feb 23, 2005 3:38 PM
well if you call going to the Peach Bowl and getting your backside pounded by Clemson a successful season then I guess you are correct. Not to mention we also lost to UGA for the 4th straight time. I agree that maybe 2003 was not as bad as 2000 and 2002 but I would hardly say the Peach bowl marks a good year.

Same old westie.

You aren't fooling anyone.

Yeah, this is a joke. Wasted my time putting in my 2 cents worth. So, we got beat by UGA 4 in a row. This kid don't remember the 9 in a row we put on them, and have since broke their streak at 4. Just cause we slacked against Clemson doesn't make them successful.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Feb 23, 2005 9:53 AM
I wonder if we have anyone to replace him ? In the near future we will be OK but if we are not grooming someone now we are going to be in trouble. I hope it is not Sanders. I see UGA and UF having young coaches and here we are with Fulmer who must certainly be thinking about hanging things up at this point after a few more years.

Ok why is this guy talking crazy!!! He just got a brand new deal through 2011!!!! He will at least finish that out! Geez! Man You come on the board and start posting crazy stuff!!

I agree, this thread is a little bit silly if I do say so myself!

Attachments

• tribe.gif
    tribe.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by GVF@Feb 23, 2005 12:32 PM
His contract is thru 2011 which will put him right about 60. If he and his wife choose at that point to kick the heels up, he'll retire.

His wife asked him to retire after the '98 championship and he wouldn't do it.

What kind of thread is this? It's like we are discussing fulmer's will or something. I think we should talk about this kind of stuff when it comes around. And about the 2003 season......your talking about a year where tennessee beat florida by 14 in the swamp for the second straight time, and a year where tennessee went to miami and beat the canes. So your just saying the 2003 season was a bad one because of the peach bowl??? I'm not 2 fond of the peach bowl either but it's no secret that we were screwed in the bowl bids that year. We could have very well gone a new year's day bowl but we all know how that went. So there's my 2 cents. :bs:

Originally posted by westsidevol@Feb 23, 2005 10:53 AM
I wonder if we have anyone to replace him ? In the near future we will be OK but if we are not grooming someone now we are going to be in trouble. I hope it is not Sanders. I see UGA and UF having young coaches and here we are with Fulmer who must certainly be thinking about hanging things up at this point after a few more years.

:moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :moon2: Yeah right and our men's basketball team is good

If Fulmer retires and Chavis is still with the team it would be his job to lose. If he is not still with the team then who knows what would happen.

For those of you that don't know, WestsideDawg makes the rounds on several Vol boards stirring up crap. Unfortunately, many take the bait and end up in multi page threads that end up as total trash. Currently, he is here because of such actions on another board. Best advice is to ignore.

VN Store

Back