'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

Wait, you want to judge him on what he posts? BuT hE's MEaN!

That was from Monday so I'm not sure I'd go all in one way or the other, but it should be interesting to see how that turns out nonetheless.

Read the context of the trolling posts. I don't believe him to be a troll. It's fine if you do, but I'd rather make my own decision on his posts rather than have a bunch of keyboard warriors with zero clue run him off.

Again, why do you care so much about "running off" some random poster who may be tangentially connected to a recruit? Methinks the chance of getting a whiff of jock is strong with OP.

200.gif

Sell out? You see, everyone has to make this into some sort of one claimed insider vs the other competition. I'm not sure why we can't consider both posts and are required to hitch a wagon to anyone. And what do school allegiances have to do with info. Besides, if OLB has close connections to Bailey, he's likely going to be a Tennessee fan for at least the next four years.
Who do you keep referring to?
4092 passed along what he was told (without being pretentious, I'll add) OLB makes his little snide comments to 4092 and then you come in with "posters that think they know it all"

The only person I saw that suggested both couldn't be considered was OLB. He didn't seem to care for anyone else having a little something to share.

If someone gives attitude, they always have received attitude in return. Don't know why you expect him to be treated differently and above the standard but that's something for you to deal with.
I respond with the same amount of courtesy people give to me. You don't like the way he's spoken to, then take that up with him and how he speaks to others 🤷‍♂️.

Wait, you want to judge him on what he posts? BuT hE's MEaN!

That was from Monday so I'm not sure I'd go all in one way or the other, but it should be interesting to see how that turns out nonetheless.

Read the context of the trolling posts. I don't believe him to be a troll. It's fine if you do, but I'd rather make my own decision on his posts rather than have a bunch of keyboard warriors with zero clue run him off.
You say this while complaining about people being mean to him. If he knows stuff then great. But if he wants to antagonize then he should know better than to expect no response. You know the little TE/WR debate that started this? One of the posters was respectful and transparent in his explanation of what Arik told him. And didn't try to antagonize OLB in his responses. The other was OLB. They both supposedly have inside info. Why don't you get on OLB for trying to run off Vol4092. Who we actually know has interactions with these recruits. And updates us without trying to start internet fights all the time.

It’s never a good idea for anybody close to recruits to engage in message board banter. People are brutal.

Some have good intentions some have bad. Anonymity usually brings out the worst in people.

Reactions: VolDC and utcVFL
You say this while complaining about people being mean to him. If he knows stuff then great. But if he wants to antagonize then he should know better than to expect no response. You know the little TE/WR debate that started this? One of the posters was respectful and transparent in his explanation of what Arik told him. And didn't try to antagonize OLB in his responses. The other was OLB. They both supposedly have inside info. Why don't you get on OLB for trying to run off Vol4092. Who we actually know has interactions with these recruits. And updates us without trying to start internet fights all the time.
The exchange between those two was interesting. I enjoyed it. Both sides. And both remained civil I thought. The posts I took issue with are gone anyway so I can't reference them and people that didn't see them have no clue so it's pointless now. In everyone's best interest I'm moving on. Hope we land Gilbert.

The exchange between those two was interesting. I enjoyed it. Both sides. And both remained civil I thought. The posts I took issue with are gone anyway so I can't reference them and people that didn't see them have no clue so it's pointless now. In everyone's best interest I'm moving on. Hope we land Gilbert.
Yeah some of them went a little far. I made a silly joke about costco that got deleted for some reason. Thought it was pretty innocent but oh well. None of this is really a big deal. Neither was what they were arguing over.

i'm always surprised at how much attention folks get that offer info, troll or not. either it's legit, or it's not. and even if it's legit, it still may not wind up being right.

i've always treated those posts as nothing more than an 'FYI' and most not really worth responding to. especially if it is a troll job.

up to the reader what you do with what is posted.
The acceptance of "insider" information on this board correlates very strongly with whether the content is something people want to hear at the time.

EDIT: If you toss out information the masses are eager to believe you can be wrong again and again and be thanked for your bad info and defended on the basis that you weren't wrong, things simply changed.

Reactions: VOLATNES
Did something change with Gilbert coming in this weekend or not last night. I can't see through all the butt hurt to figure it out today.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Did something change with Gilbert coming in this weekend or not last night. I can't see through all the butt hurt to figure it out today.
no, he wasn't ever a sure thing to visit this weekend. there was some real effort, apparently, put in to trying to get him to come up with Ojulari and HB, but it wasn't ever set in stone. it's not like he canceled or anything.

Reactions: Sleegro and VolDC
He’s probably not coming. Never say never but doesn’t look good. UGA visited him Wednesday I think.

Reactions: VolDC

VN Store

Back