'20 GA ATH Arik Gilbert (LSU commit)

no, he wasn't ever a sure thing to visit this weekend. there was some real effort, apparently, put in to trying to get him to come up with Ojulari and HB, but it wasn't ever set in stone. it's not like he canceled or anything.
I was aware of all that. I didn't know if someone was claiming otherwise in the insider pissing contest that apparently occurred last night. I really didn't feel like reading it either. Thanks for the response.

"people are dumb" prolly covers it. lol.
True, but I harbor more ill will than some on here over people who spread false information. The Gruden Threads were maybe believed by 5% of the fanbase, but the trolls that perpetuated that crap in 2017, with the FOIA documents showing it never had the slightest basis in reality, caused many of us who don't live in solid Vol enclaves to field questions about Gruden from nearly every rival fan we came in contact with.

Also, if you look back at the threads for the last two signing days, our classes (21st in 2018) and (12th in 2019) were almost criminally underappreciated by a portion of our fanbase. Why? Because of "insiders" stoking the belief with party hat emojis and so forth that we were going to reel in all these longshots, coming off a 4-8 and 5-7 season respectively, not to mention the biggest dumpster fire of a college football head coaching search in at least 3 decades.

Our classes were amazing under those circumstances. Fortunately this past year was mitigated somewhat by some media folks pointing out how well we had done considering. I recognize people of good faith can be wrong sometimes but I don't subscribe to idea that bogus information hurts nothing, it does.

I read a lot more than I post and all of this happens way too often. Who cares if someone is an insider or not! Take the info or leave it, believe it or not! A person comes on here and shares something, they get crucified with or without proof. Why can’t everyone just take things with a grain of salt and see what comes of it. No wonder Atlanta Vol post so little now. I know the Travis Steven’s fake account ticked off a lot of people, but cmon, can’t we all just get along! Lol

I personally like when someone claims to have inside info, just so I can see in the future how accurate they are. Now I can’t do that, they get ran off before we all the info. Out of line not out of line is just a matter of the situation. Just let go and it will make this place a lot more fun. Or don’t! Idc either way

True, but I harbor more ill will than some on here over people who spread false information. The Gruden Threads were maybe believed by 5% of the fanbase, but the trolls that perpetuated that crap in 2017, with the FOIA documents showing it never had the slightest basis in reality, caused many of us who don't live in solid Vol enclaves to field questions about Gruden from nearly every rival fan we came in contact with.

Also, if you look back at the threads for the last two signing days, our classes (21st in 2018) and (12th in 2019) were almost criminally underappreciated by a portion of our fanbase. Why? Because of "insiders" stoking the belief with party hat emojis and so forth that we were going to reel in all these longshots, coming off a 4-8 and 5-7 season respectively, not to mention the biggest dumpster fire of a college football head coaching search in at least 3 decades.

Our classes were amazing under those circumstances. Fortunately this past year was mitigated somewhat by some media folks pointing out how well we had done considering. I recognize people of good faith can be wrong sometimes but I don't subscribe to idea that bogus information hurts nothing, it does.
up hill climb with most all that, and definitley not hills worth dying on. aside from the occaisonal sparring sessions, it's just worthless fodder with a shelf life of about a week, depending on the topic.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
up hill climb with most all that, and definitley not hills worth dying on. aside from the occaisonal sparring sessions, it's just worthless fodder with a shelf life of about a week, depending on the topic.
You are right of course, that cartoon of the woman yelling at the guy to come to bed and the guy saying "just a minute honey, this is important, someone is wrong the internet" was essentially written for me.

Well, I guess that I subscribe to it not hurting anything because I really don't care what rival fans think.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I read a lot more than I post and all of this happens way too often. Who cares if someone is an insider or not! Take the info or leave it, believe it or not! A person comes on here and shares something, they get crucified with or without proof. Why can’t everyone just take things with a grain of salt and see what comes of it. No wonder Atlanta Vol post so little now. I know the Travis Steven’s fake account ticked off a lot of people, but cmon, can’t we all just get along! Lol

I personally like when someone claims to have inside info, just so I can see in the future how accurate they are. Now I can’t do that, they get ran off before we all the info. Out of line not out of line is just a matter of the situation. Just let go and it will make this place a lot more fun. Or don’t! Idc either way
I wish! I don't want to be protected. Part of the fun is seeing if they are for real.

Maybe, and this is crazy, I know, but maybe people shouldn't take things on a forum so seriously all the time. Life is more than what goes on here.

This isn't pointed at anyone in particular. But if the boot fits, so be it.
tenor.gif

Not really. He was being a dick. Plus he never made any direct predictions after spring game where he missed 100%
Pretty much. He may indeed be somehow related, or have some other close association with Bailey and these other Marietta kids. Any insider that comes on this board gets their fair amount of crap; just for others information it’s about the same if not worse on other rival board as well. If you act smug and act like people are clueless or stupid even if they are clueless then you can expect to be treated like you’re a dick.

Pretty much. He may indeed be somehow related, or have some other close association with Bailey and these other Marietta kids. Any insider that comes on this board gets their fair amount of crap; just for others information it’s about the same if not worse on other rival board as well. If you act smug and act like people are clueless or stupid even if they are clueless then you can expect to be treated like you’re a dick.
Quoted for emphasis.

The only thing I get tired of talking about to rival fans is butt chugging. Thanks Pi Kappa Alpha...

Reactions: gainesvol82

There was like 8 people in this forum that expressed they didn't think the coaches did well, considering.
And at least 5 of those ***** about the staff regardless. You really think anything Tennessee was hurt?

Personally, I believe those that beat the constant negativity drum so vocally on Twitter and message boards come a lot closer to causing any real world damage.

There was like 8 people in this forum that expressed they didn't think the coaches did well, considering.
And at least 5 of those ***** about the staff regardless. You really think anything Tennessee was hurt?

Personally, I believe those that beat the constant negativity drum so vocally on Twitter and message boards come a lot closer to causing any real world damage.
yeah, it's usually the same folks, no matter the medium/format and at some point, at least for me, most of it turns in to white noise.

there's a select few though............mercy.

I think OLB is either Bailey’s dad or someone pretending to be Bailey’s dad. I hope it is the latter with him calling the fan base “sad”.

The reason I say that, is Harrison’s dads name is Orvell Bailey... and 1976 would be a about the time someone with an 18 year old would have been born. Claims to make Bailey’s travel plans. Joined right before Bailey committed. Was only posting about the OC search at first. Now he only posts about the Marrietta guys...

Conspiracy theory, but it connects some interesting dots.

Coincidence? Maybe. Orvel Lee Bailey was born in 1976 and resides in Marietta, GA.

If he's not the dad, it's still a dang good theory.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Coincidence? Maybe. Orvel Lee Bailey was born in 1976 and resides in Marietta, GA.

If he's not the dad, it's still a dang good theory.
It's pretty obvious that he's Harrison's Dad. Been easy to see since day 1. He was fine until people turned on him after Rodgers didn't pull the trigger. He didn't lie as Wiltfong and a few other crystal balled Rodgers that same day. So obviously Rodgers told a few ppl he was going to commit at the O&W game.

VN Store

Back