'26 GA DB Zelus Hicks (Texas commit)

Tennessee made a big impression on top 2026 safety Zelus Hicks during his June visit to Knoxville. The Vols were the first school to reach out to him on June 15th as well, and he is feeling like a priority early on because of this and the communication with the staff. He has connected well with Tim Banks, and the two are talking frequently. He raves about the culture in Knoxville, and he has heard plenty about Rocky Top from former teammate Mike Matthews. We believe Hicks will be back in town in October for the Alabama game.
-VQ

2026 Safety - Zelus Hicks is announcing Thursday. I saw Matt bring his name up in the chat last night. Havent heard much but I assume not us? Tennessee, Auburn, UGA, Texas & Clemson.

Also says he may be reclassifying to 2025.
Wouldn’t expect it to be TN currently. Vols made a nice impression in June. Felt like they needed to get him back again this fall, though.
-Matt Ray

I feel letting Texas into the Sec longterm spells trouble in recruiting … now they can give those sports cars out to recruits and claim they’ll play in the best conference.. where as our biggest name backer just sold off his entire biz to Berkshire Hathaway

VN Store

Back