'26 GA DB Zelus Hicks (Texas commit)

I feel letting Texas into the Sec longterm spells trouble in recruiting … now they can give those sports cars out to recruits and claim they’ll play in the best conference.. where as our biggest name backer just sold off his entire biz to Berkshire Hathaway
A) You think that means he doesn’t have money to give? Pretty sure “sold” means received a lot of $$$ in exchange for said business. They’re not just going to sit there and count it.

B) The Haslams haven’t been running things in the UTAD for awhile now. Certainly not since White became AD. And that’s a good thing. Larry Pratt is probably our most prominent booster now. Tennessee’s NIL situation is as good as anyone’s.

C) Did you notice that said company just struck a very lucrative deal with Tennessee, in spite of being owned by BH, not a Haslam? Seems that relationship is still strong.

D) Tennessee could have an infinite amount of money and won’t be giving out sports cars. That’s not our recruiting strategy or culture.

E) Most importantly, I’m not worried about what other schools are doing anymore. We have a coach and administration that has made Tennessee Tennessee again. We’re going to be an elite program going forward, regardless of what Texas or anyone else does.

A) You think that means he doesn’t have money to give? Pretty sure “sold” means received a lot of $$$ in exchange for said business. They’re not just going to sit there and count it.

B) The Haslams haven’t been running things in the UTAD for awhile now. Certainly not since White became AD. And that’s a good thing. Larry Pratt is probably our most prominent booster now. Tennessee’s NIL situation is as good as anyone’s.

C) Did you notice that said company just struck a very lucrative deal with Tennessee, in spite of being owned by BH, not a Haslam? Seems that relationship is still strong.

D) Tennessee could have an infinite amount of money and won’t be giving out sports cars. That’s not our recruiting strategy or culture.

E) Most importantly, I’m not worried about what other schools are doing anymore. We have a coach and administration that has made Tennessee Tennessee again. We’re going to be an elite program going forward, regardless of what Texas or anyone else does.

This! And then this…

This! And then this…

Sark’s recovery from alcohol addiction to rebuild his career…and more importantly, his life…is a great redemption story. Coincides with his redemption of Texas football.

Sark’s recovery from alcohol addiction to rebuild his career…and more importantly, his life…is a great redemption story. Coincides with his redemption of Texas football.
Some folks just have a need for thrills.

Sark seems like a guy who can make some poor decisions. Not saying his second wife was a poor decision, just that it happened quickly.

Wish the guy the best. But there's always more to a story. Hope he stays clean, and is successful.

I agree with you. Having said that, “trouble” doesn’t necessarily mean scared or a lean that Stark is better than Heup.
Sorry to butt in, just seems a little ruffled over a somewhat obvious post.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I feel letting Texas into the Sec longterm spells trouble in recruiting … now they can give those sports cars out to recruits and claim they’ll play in the best conference.. where as our biggest name backer just sold off his entire biz to Berkshire Hathaway
Pilot still supports Tennessee sports without the pesky interference of Haslam. Texas is basically providing leases to some players; several other programs do the same, most don’t give an 18yo kid a sports car that they can kill themselves in their first year.

Or this^^^

Great run down. It seems like some of our NIL is more focused on making sure families can see their kids play their college careers.

Texas is a great program though. They’re going to be a pain in the ass for everyone. Unfortunately more money is being infused into that program as well with a lot of billionaires relocating into the Austin area. Sark is also a great play caller as well and the conference will be enamored with them as well bc of the money they bring. They ruin about every conference they join and unfortunately the SEC won’t be any different. It will just take longer.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

This. Texas was in an also ran conference just dying to get into the SEC where they could get street cred. I'm not aware of them coming into Georgia in the past successfully landing top 50 players.

Combine that with a weak SEC schedule. They need to get slapped around.

This. Texas was in an also ran conference just dying to get into the SEC where they could get street cred. I'm not aware of them coming into Georgia in the past successfully landing top 50 players.

They have come into Florida and gotten players in the past. Yeah, not sure about Georgia. Some of this could also be related to Sark’s recruiting ties in the South that he would have cultivated while at Alabama.

Reactions: Volunteer821

I don’t think landing a single top 50 player from Georgia means anything

VN Store

Back