'25 GA LB Jadon Perlotte (USC commit)

Whole recruitment has been weird. UGA commit for 2 years, linked to flip to 3 different schools, but still committed.

Always felt they could circle back here if we got Gass. CBs indicate UGA people feel the bridge is already burned, and I think that’s prob true. But again, still technically committed.

Regardless of what fans of either team will or won’t acknowledge about this recruitment, if they’re offering him a spot now, this one could go either way.

Would he and Gass play the same position in their scheme? Only reason it would matter if we got Gass.

And I don’t think UGA would’ve brought him in for an OV if he didn’t have a spot before now.

Would he and Gass play the same position in their scheme? Only reason it would matter if we got Gass.

And I don’t think UGA would’ve brought him in for an OV if he didn’t have a spot before now.
I think Perlotte projects as more of a Mike and Gass has some versatility to play Mike or Will. To be clear I really like Perlotte as a Mike, I’m not super worried about measurables at that position I want more awareness, strength at the point of attack/stack and shed ability (think Pili).

I could be wrong but I don’t think they’ll use 3 spots on those positions.

Maybe so but he’s been a commit for a long time and they are continuing to heavily pursue guys like Gass. Good way to make it moot is just get all the guys on their board. UGA guys think it’s likely.
Sure they do. That's really easy when every time one of your recruits commits elsewhere you deny that you were ever interested in him in the first place.

Reactions: Volunteer821
I think Perlotte projects as more of a Mike and Gass has some versatility to play Mike or Will. To be clear I really like Perlotte as a Mike, I’m not super worried about measurables at that position I want more awareness, strength at the point of attack/stack and shed ability (think Pili).

Kinda low key think Gass will be an Edge when it is said and done or atleast in a package for that at the Will. Great arm length and instinct. Dude has a bright future.

All our backers are 230 plus currently, with most hovering around 6’1. Perlotte will be around the same size his second year on campus. I don’t understand where the measurables issue came from.

All our backers are 230 plus currently, with most hovering around 6’1. Perlotte will be around the same size his second year on campus. I don’t understand where the measurables issue came from.
I think Perlotte will play around that weight as well, maybe even a little heavier. I don’t think it was so much as measurables issue with him as it was just Gass having better ones.

And what the poster said about Gass being an EDGE could very well be true, I think he has a ton of versatility.

I think Perlotte will play around that weight as well, maybe even a little heavier. I don’t think it was so much as measurables issue with him as it was just Gass having better ones.

And what the poster said about Gass being an EDGE could very well be true, I think he has a ton of versatility.
Gass admittedly said he eliminated us when we wanted him strictly as edge, I think his size and frame projects better at off ball linebacker. But versatile like Perkins at LSU. I really believe we’ve knocked it out the park at edge tbh, just a collection of unreal talent. Ross vs Herring vs Josephs will be quite the battle next season for Pearce vacant spot.

Gass admittedly said he eliminated us when we wanted him strictly as edge, I think his size and frame projects better at off ball linebacker. But versatile like Perkins at LSU. I really believe we’ve knocked it out the park at edge tbh, just a collection of unreal talent. Ross vs Herring vs Josephs will be quite the battle next season for Pearce vacant spot.
You could make an argument for CME being the best crooter on staff rn. I’m probably more excited at what our defense is becoming than at the prospect of our offense looking like 2022 again.

Perlotte is a really good player in 6A Atlanta area football. I hope we get him.

Whole recruitment has been weird. UGA commit for 2 years, linked to flip to 3 different schools, but still committed.

Always felt they could circle back here if we got Gass. CBs indicate UGA people feel the bridge is already burned, and I think that’s prob true. But again, still technically committed.

Regardless of what fans of either team will or won’t acknowledge about this recruitment, if they’re offering him a spot now, this one could go either way.
lol this makes little sense. Guy has been committed for 2 years but then doesn’t have a spot for UGA. But if a committed guy has a spot it could go either way. This is D4H level crazy.

lol this makes little sense. Guy has been committed for 2 years but then doesn’t have a spot for UGA. But if a committed guy has a spot it could go either way. This is D4H level crazy.
So you’re the saying the CBs their writers put in are wrong? And that he’s going to Georgia? Just trying to be clear what you’re taking issue with. Guy has been a flip candidate for a year and a half of that time.

No it’s been stated that he’s flirted with other teams (FSU) while being “committed” to UGA but just never did anything.
FSU, Auburn, and us. AP said in their podcast this morning that Purlotte was the one he questioned the most out of Sanders, Morris, Brame, Heyward, and Onis, to be part of this class.

Lmao because he hasn’t announced to the school you want him to, he must be “playing games” 😂😂😂
Not sure if he's playing games, necessarily, but over the past year, he's been a threat at different times to flip to FSU, Auburn, and now Tennessee, and he's yet to ever actually decommit from Georgia thru it all.

AP has even kinda hedge his stance on Perlotte, going so far as to say that of Sanders, D. Morris, Brahme, Konanbanny, Hayward, and Perlotte, that Perlotte is the one he's most unsure about until he actually does something. I think that speaks volumes to the uncertain nature of that recruitment. At some point you have to at least consider the possibility that he's all talk and no action and just stays with UGA. That isn't to say he will, but I think the takeaway is that he might not be the slam dunk he was originally believed to be with regards to being a part of this class.

VN Store

Back