'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

I’m not saying he’s in the upper echelon of current coaches, but he’s found some success in one of the toughest divisions in the NCAA with an instate rival and permanent cross division opponent that are both perennial contenders.

It’s very hard to find a coach that you know would do better in the same circumstances which is why he still has his job.
Or the fact that the AD gave him a gazillion dollar buyout...
GBO!!

Reactions: VolsSince78
Must ..resist... liking...post.. hngggg

It might be time.

tenor.gif

Reactions: escapegoat2
Mims would be a big get. If he lives up to his billing, he'd be our next LT after Morris IMO. He could potentially be starting in year two if Wanya leaves early.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and T Dog
How has he failed? Some of yawl just say stuff and without validity. Show me the man’s record per season and in the iron bowl. He does play in the best conference and division in college football. Also he continues to sign top recruiting classes and produce high draft picks. Yes there was a stretch in which he fell off with qb talent but over all Gus has proven he is a upper tier HC and done his job.

You’re not giving the cabin enough credit here obviously.Gus is a average recruiter,his assistants and position coaches solely have brought Gus talent and he’s not been able to get The results he should be getting with what they bring in..there’s a reason why the AD and representatives within the university want to get rid of him so badly but he scrapes by with key wins like Will,Butch and even ole Horse Teeth Jimmy before he got the boot.Gus has had many 5* promising QB’s sign and Transfer out year after year so you can’t 100% say the talent has never been there...I just think teams have figured out his system.

Someone should smack you for that negativity

If you look at my post you will see that I was responding to another poster who was putting a qualifier on Mahlzan. He was saying that if you take out Gus’ best seasons he was an average coach. Same is true for any coach. Look at Fulmer if you exempt 1995-1998. He won no SEC titles outside of those years even with superior talent. You can put a qualifier on anything and make it look like you want it to appear.

I was just noting that the same is actually factual with our program until things change. We are a 5-7 program if you take out the 8 wins we had this last year by beating teams with losing records. I just do not see how we do not look at our own program with the same objectivity that we do other programs. If it is negative to some, so be it, and I am looking for things to get better. I think most prognosticators have us pegged for 7-5, or maybe 8-4 this year. That basically puts us in the middle of the SEC and is some progress of the 5-7 program we have demonstrated in recent years. Results are not based on prognostications but games won on the field and I hope we show them up at the end of the season.

But it is amazing just how shallow some people interpret postings on this site.

We are what our record says we are - Last 10 Years Results
View attachment 291437

So, a program is defined by its last 10 years? How ‘bout we define a program by its last year? (8-5) Or maybe its last 30 years? (256-129-2) Or how ‘bout we define it by its entire history? (846-395-53)

No, you just cherry picked 10 years to include two historically bad coaches’ tenure here, and at the same time minimize the improvement Pruitt made last year.

I try to be objective. But, I’ll also call a troll or Eeyore when I smell one. Take two laps.

View attachment 291437
Got any marshmallows cause u just got roasted. Lol
So, a program is defined by its last 10 years? How ‘bout we define a program by its last year? (8-5) Or maybe its last 30 years? (256-129-2) Or how ‘bout we define it by its entire history? (846-395-53)

No, you just cherry picked 10 years to include two historically bad coaches’ tenure here, and at the same time minimize the improvement Pruitt made last year.

I try to be objective. But, I’ll also call a troll or Eeyore when I smell one. Take two laps.

I think he's taking our recent years compared to Malzahn's tenure and responding to someone's comment that we'd take his results over what we've had in that same period. Which, when you look at our 6.3 win average, makes sense. Malzahn is no Saban, but he sure beats the hell out of Dooley and Butch...

I think he's taking our recent years compared to Malzahn's tenure and responding to someone's comment that we'd take his results over what we've had in that same period. Which, when you look at our 6.3 win average, makes sense. Malzahn is no Saban, but he sure beats the hell out of Dooley and Butch...
Gus is a really good coach. I don't think that he is elite because he has not won a NC. But he wins consistently in the toughest division in the most competitive conference in the country.

Don’t say anything. I am not sure they will get it.

Don’t say anything. I am not sure they will get it.
There’s a different between ‘not getting it’ and ‘disagreeing so vehemently that the only appropriate response is to hit you in the face with a hot curling iron’. Now bring in the dancing lobsters!

Reactions: VolsSince78
View attachment 291437
Ok, so I missed it by a game a year. Since the last merger in the SEC in 2012 we are 4th from the bottom. Only Vandy, UK, and Arkansas have worst records. Think about that. Programs like Ole Miss, Missouri, and Miss St. have better records. How does our athletic budget compare to those programs and what is our return on investment?

As I said earlier I am hoping for things to improve but I have a hard time watching our fans dish it out on other programs and coaches that are doing better than we are. We need to build up our program so this conversation is not about other programs.

VN Store

Back