'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

True story: grew as neighbors with Cleve Dean who was at one time slated to star opposite Sylvester Stallone in this movie. Cleve was the world champion several times and for several years no one could physically beat him. They finally started to disqualify him a lot because otherwise, if he entered a tournament, he won it.

Anyway, they flew him out to Hollywood. Had even made up toys to co-market with the movie including a Cleve doll. Met with the producers, Stallone, etc. But it appeared they were really unprepared for how big he was. After he got back, they called and told him they had to go with another arm wrestler because "there was absolutely no way they could show Stallone beating him in any believable manner."

Cleve:

67223043_10212352922372898_8487474990352957440_n.jpg

Or the Lyle approach and sign 240lb Guards and 260lb Tackles for his 'genius' offense.

I know no one cares at this point, but this drives me crazy. Butch sucked at plenty of things without making things up. He took two undersized developmental OL prospects in 4 classes. Tatum and Niehaus. Everyone else was between 285 and 330.

Our Oline problems were due to garbage development and strength/conditioning.

I know no one cares at this point, but this drives me crazy. Butch sucked at plenty of things without making things up. He took two undersized developmental OL prospects in 4 classes. Tatum and Niehaus. Everyone else was between 285 and 330.

Our Oline problems were due to garbage development and strength/conditioning.

I always find the revisionist history on Butch funny. Everyone was all “Butch gets it,” and now he’s to blame for World War II. He definitely had his shortcomings, and it became clear by the end of his tenure that he was in over his head, but few were critical of his recruiting at the time.

I always find the revisionist history on Butch funny. Everyone was all “Butch gets it,” and now he’s to blame for World War II. He definitely had his shortcomings, and it became clear by the end of his tenure that he was in over his head, but few were critical of his recruiting at the time.
The energy in recruiting and reconnection with high schools as well as embracing former Vol players gave him a long leash.

True story: grew as neighbors with Cleve Dean who was at one time slated to star opposite Sylvester Stallone in this movie. Cleve was the world champion several times and for several years no one could physically beat him. They finally started to disqualify him a lot because otherwise, if he entered a tournament, he won it.

Anyway, they flew him out to Hollywood. Had even made up toys to co-market with the movie including a Cleve doll. Met with the producers, Stallone, etc. But it appeared they were really unprepared for how big he was. After he got back, they called and told him they had to go with another arm wrestler because "there was absolutely no way they could show Stallone beating him in any believable manner."

Cleve:

What is the deal with the hand of the white guy on the left? It's cartoonish looking...

Cleve:

I love arm wrestling. Cleve held the world record for biggest hands. His health and weight were his only setbacks in arm wrestling. It's crazy to see a guy that huge actually lose to John Brezenk but it happened. That's how bad to the bone John was.

Reactions: StoVol

Cleve:

now that’s a cool story bro

I love arm wrestling. Cleve held the world record for biggest hands. His health and weight were his only setbacks in arm wrestling. It's crazy to see a guy that huge actually lose to John Brezenk but it happened. That's how bad to the bone John was.
Watched Brzenk vs Bagent yesterday on YouTube.

Reactions: Skullbone
Brzenk is the baddest dude... Devon is really good now, his endurance is amazing... if someone doesn’t get him quick he will outlast u, but Brzenk is the greatest. Pulling John is a great movie y’all

Brzenk is the baddest dude... Devon is really good now, his endurance is amazing... if someone doesn’t get him quick he will outlast u, but Brzenk is the greatest. Pulling John is a great movie y’all
Yeah Brzenk is the Michael Jordan of arm wrestling for sure. Of course now at his age he's not at the top but I think he's going to do a few matches for fun and money. Just no super heavyweight stuff anymore. Devon is my favorite active puller though. It's hard not to like the guy. He's supposedly the brains behind the Dubai thing. I love it. North America vs Russia/ Europe.

VN Store

Back