'25 GA OT Juan Gaston (uga commit)

Juan Gaston will commit in early August, and this is another two-team race between Georgia and Tennessee, in our estimation. Oregon remains in the picture, and you cannot rule out them trying to make a late run, but we ultimately believe Gaston ends up in SEC country. Many view Georgia as the team to beat with a little over a month to go, but the Vols remain very much in this race, and they have been a real threat to pull the massive lineman away from the Bulldogs for months. He continues to have strong relationships in Knoxville that Tennessee will lean on in the coming weeks.
-VQ

Juan Gaston will come off the board on August 2nd with Oregon, Tennessee and Georgia being the top three. Oregon is the school that he loved growing up because of the flashy uniforms. And then there is Georgia and Tennessee, who offer a much closer commute for family that Gaston holds very dear to him. Most have him pegged for UGA but we don’t think it’s that simple. Gaston is very elusive to grab information for all outlets, so truly trying to figure him out is a tough task.
-VQ

Just casually following basketball and football recruiting, it feels like Tennessee has a lot of success landing kids that aren't interested in the media hype surrounding their recruitment. (Even know I KNOW nothing) Having said that and just read the VQ write-up, I like UT's chances a lot here.

Just casually following basketball and football recruiting, it feels like Tennessee has a lot of success landing kids that aren't interested in the media hype surrounding their recruitment. (Even know I KNOW nothing) Having said that and just read the VQ write-up, I like UT's chances a lot here.
Agree.

Reactions: Lefteye
Outside of Seaton last year seems we’ve mostly steered clear of the high drama talent.

Outside of Seaton last year seems we’ve mostly steered clear of the high drama talent.
I believe a big contributor to that is the fact that our current players proactively identify the problem children to our coaching staff. Their involvement in creating and maintaining our team culture has been a major positive for our program.

I think with Seaton he was a "best available" option, more than a "need". luxury prospect, if we get him great, see if he turns out. if not, we already had a great player at the position, Warren.

I think with Seaton he was a "best available" option, more than a "need". luxury prospect, if we get him great, see if he turns out. if not, we already had a great player at the position, Warren.
We needed a plug and play at tackle so bad that we went and spent a boat load to land Heard after missing Seaton. Probably worked out for the best but this line would be dicey without Heard

We needed a plug and play at tackle so bad that we went and spent a boat load to land Heard after missing Seaton. Probably worked out for the best but this line would be dicey without Heard
I think we would have needed Heard regardless of Seaton.

Heard has experience and time in an SEC program, and was a high rated player himself, similar to Seaton. We needed someone that could step right in and play LT, not quiet to the luxury of being able to sit and develop 5* OL a couple years before needing them.

I think we would have needed Heard regardless of Seaton.

Heard has experience and time in an SEC program, and was a high rated player himself, similar to Seaton. We needed someone that could step right in and play LT, not quiet to the luxury of being able to sit and develop 5* OL a couple years before needing them.
Don’t disagree on the need but I don’t see anyway we could have/would have done both. I think Campbell would be at LT still and Seaton would be starting at RT

VN Store

Back