'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

To avoid further argument, watch his highlights and be honest with yourself. Do you see Ty Chandler type speed? I'm not knocking this kid. Just questioning what was stated by a poster in this thread.

Reactions: KBVol
What, you're not impressed by the armchair NFL scouts in this thread? Kamara would have been a 7th-round selection based on their criteria.
who said we were scouts? We gave OPINIONS. Isn't that the point of this place? Some of you dudes are just ridiculous if what's posted isn't rainbows and butterflies.

Reactions: KBVol
I think this kid just doesnt know how to make a highlight tape. The video linked to his 247 was just normal game film and not his 15 or 20 best runs in a row.

Reactions: Mightyvol
thanks for posting his track stats, and maybe the kid is one that builds speed on the track. Short burst acceleration doesn't show up on film. I think he could be a very good rb, but the ability to make a move then get back to top speed and leave defenders isn't shown on tape. That's what is usually evident when discussing guy with that kind of speed. To his credit, if he's runs a 10.5 and his short burst and explosiveness can still be developed, then we could be looking at a future beast.

thanks for posting his track stats, and maybe the kid is one that builds speed on the track. Short burst acceleration doesn't show up on film. I think he could be a very good rb, but the ability to make a move then get back to top speed and leave defenders isn't shown on tape. That's what is usually evident when discussing guy with that kind of speed. To his credit, if he's runs a 10.5 and his short burst and explosiveness can still be developed, then we could be looking at a future beast.

Yeah, he has a ton of untapped potential.
He's another Isiah Crowell talent wise...

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
Yeah, he has a ton of untapped potential.
He's another Isiah Crowell talent wise...
Who, btw, is still in the NFL.

Kid ran 10.57 to win the 100m Ga state championship, won the 200m as well. He had a better time as a 14 yr old than Kamara ever has. As has already been pointed out itt, he doesn’t subscribe to the camps, social media, etc so there really isn’t a “highlight” tape. You would think his coach would promote him but some HS coaches are the opposite, some won’t even allow their players to camp.

Then maybe we have a chance to pull a sleeper superstar. I wouldn't think he'd be a sleeper though if he's the state champ in the 100m and 200m. What's the chances he leaves the state?

Then maybe we have a chance to pull a sleeper superstar. I wouldn't think he'd be a sleeper though if he's the state champ in the 100m and 200m. What's the chances he leaves the state?
He visited UGA this week. RB class is loaded this year. Loaded in Ga too, Bigsby, Pryor, Marks, Edwards just to name a few in Ga, not even mentioning guys like Mecose Todd and Jackson. 3 of the top 20 RB in Ga, don’t think Ga is getting any of the three.

Not complaining. the OP made a claim of this kid having rare speed(10.5 100m). I'm just stating that it doesn't show in his highlights. He isn't even the deep man on kick off returns. 10.5 in the 100m would make him one of the fastest high school football players (top 1%) in the country. The tape just doesn't reflect that.
So?

Who, btw, is still in the NFL.

Kid ran 10.57 to win the 100m Ga state championship, won the 200m as well. He had a better time as a 14 yr old than Kamara ever has. As has already been pointed out itt, he doesn’t subscribe to the camps, social media, etc so there really isn’t a “highlight” tape. You would think his coach would promote him but some HS coaches are the opposite, some won’t even allow their players to camp.
Yes, but he doesn't pass some of our posters' eye tests who can clearly gauge his time in the 100 from grainy game film.

Reactions: Batman1948
Academic concerns can be addressed. After this semester he has 4 more semesters to get everything worked out. Hopefully he can find some help and get his academics in order.

VN Store

Back