Game clock

She was grabbed at what would have been .1 from what I saw several times. But the whistle would have been after .1. So technically the foul was during the game but the whistle would have probably been during the real horn.

Whatever the deal with the clock was, what on earth was the Rutgers player thinking when she just reached out and grabbed Anosike?

Bottom line is she was fouled before the end of the game. The ref knows if he blew the whistle. The clock stopped when the whistle blew, which, by the way, was when Anosike got fouled.

So my question is, the NCAA will clearly review this. If they decide it was a blown call, what will happen?

So my question is, the NCAA will clearly review this. If they decide it was a blown call, what will happen?

I don't think the NCAA wants to start getting in the business of reviewing judgment calls.

They can't change the outcome even if they find there was a timing error. They would just issue a statement about it. The good news it really doesn't affect either team's postseason placement. If this had been in postseason, or in football where every regular season game matters, we would probably hear a lot more crying about it. Rutgers women can at least know they can hang with the Lady Vols. I hope they use that positively and meet us again in the NCAA.

Hope you're all happy with your tainted "win." The REAL SCORE: Rutgers 58 TN 57. Cheating by a home timekeeper doesn't get more blatant than that, and the officials got into the act by ignoring the "frozen" clock. The same timekeeper tried to pull a few seconds off the clock at a dead ball when you were ahead at :49 sec, but the time was put back on. Rationalize this one all you want, but the tape proved it. Millions saw it on ESPN. Rutgers should protest and they should be given the win. They outplayed you for the entire second half and clearly won the game. What happened to "All-American" Candace when the game was on the line? She choked! I used to think you had a classy program. Not anymore. Now you're the LADY CHEATS! It's well-earned.

An angry Rutgers Fan

Rutgers should feel pretty confident about themselves right about now.. Just beat Uconn and barely lost to TN.. And BTW they did lose.. On the other hand TN should be feeling pretty good also, knowing they can win a close one against arguably the best defensive team in WCB.

Hope you're all happy with your tainted "win." The REAL SCORE: Rutgers 58 TN 57. Cheating by a home timekeeper doesn't get more blatant than that, and the officials got into the act by ignoring the "frozen" clock. The same timekeeper tried to pull a few seconds off the clock at a dead ball when you were ahead at :49 sec, but the time was put back on. Rationalize this one all you want, but the tape proved it. Millions saw it on ESPN. Rutgers should protest and they should be given the win. They outplayed you for the entire second half and clearly won the game. What happened to "All-American" Candace when the game was on the line? She choked! I used to think you had a classy program. Not anymore. Now you're the LADY CHEATS! It's well-earned.

An angry Rutgers Fan

While I do agree that a timing error occured, the clock is not run by a "homer". The timekeeper is part of the SEC, just like the officials on the court. This isn't high school.

An angry Rutgers Fan

Why can't you be as classy as your team Troll?

An angry Rutgers Fan

If I were you I'd be mad too.. But, fact of the matter is the refs made the call not the TN program. Anddddd, it was a foul. Anddddddd you lost. Andddddddddd as far as class goes, I don't even need to comment on that one.

An angry Rutgers Fan

Real classy. I know you're upset right now, and rightfully so, but I think it's ridiculous for you to chastise an entire fan base for a call made by the Refs.

we're so classy no one has even mentioned that Rutgers has never won at TBA. (Never as in, well, never.)

An angry Rutgers Fan

I usually don't get too mad on this board, but look jerk, in NO WAY does what happened with the clock issue reflect on our players, coaches, or fans. The fact you are going to blame whatever happened on our TEAM shows me just how much class you have. I don't know why you've sunk to talking trash about our players and program when the clock is ran by a damn ref! I honestly do not believe ANYONE was trying to give us a win! I don't know what happened, but honestly, what was the dumb Rutgers girl thinking grabbing a player like that? It would have been a non-issue if not for the foul! Even with the clock problems, or whatever happened, Nicki wouldn't have gotten the shot off. If you think that in some way we cheated, you need to get over yourself. You don't win 7 championships by cheating. And honestly, this game doesn't really matter for much. It's not like we wouldn't get a nice 1 seed anyhow! If anything, beating Rutgers means we might have to play them again before the final four. Grow up.

Speaking of class...I don't think that I've ever seen someone with more class than C. Vivian Stringer. No joke.

the strange part, if anyone noticed, is that the clock was stopped briefly at 2 tenths of a second, then after a short pause, the clock restarted again and ran down to zero. how could that be? defective clock?

VN Store

Back