Game Thread: #20 Lady Vols v #18 Fighting Irish, Home, Wed 5PM, ESPN2

Lady VOLS looking good. Never thought I'd say this after seeing them perform right after Rickea went out, but this could be Kelly's best team when she comes back. They are playing together well right now.

Too many 3s from Tess. Until her % comes back up she needs to be on the Tara Vanderveer plan.

Make the first one you get to stay out there and shoot another. Miss or make the second you get one more chance. If you miss two in a row you sit.

If you hit 2 in a row you’re probably playing 20 plus minutes. Have always loved how she manages shooters. She gives everyone an opportunity to see who has the hot hand but does not stay with shooters out there who aren’t hitting that night.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I like that were working hard to deny the three even if they get some inside shots and inside the paint. I love were trying to prevent the three.

They have one or two girls we intentionally leave open so that has made it easier to collapse in the paint and rebound.

We have done a good job on closing out on their shooters.

We have played with more assertiveness and energy for a change.

Let's see if we can sustain that level of intensity and execution for another half. That would be nice to see.

Hildago has scored 20 points every game so would think she will have a strong 2nd half after missing her last 8 shots in the first half.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back