Game Thread: #5 Tennessee (19-11, 10-6 SEC) vs #1 South Carolina (30-0, 16-0 SEC) Saturday 3/9/24 ~4:30 pm ET (ESPNU)

Speechless and pissed...our defense just needed to guard the 3, but everyone guarding for 2...GREAT COACHING JOB...NOT 😡...as I said before, gotta be able coach in the trenches...Our ladies deserved to win...they were dog tired and still played tough! Coach... REALLY!! 😖

Last edited:
My wife just came in and told me what happened....I was like and you were surprised?

Kelli has to go and you blind people that can't see how inept she is need glasses.

Fire them all. Pathetic how far this program has fallen. Get anyone that says you need a former player of Pats out of town. It's was the same thing with football and Fulmer

Reactions: Deebowbear
Lady VOLS could upset some teams during the tournament. They are the only one I've seen that actually seem to have SC's number.
Coulda, shoulda and woulda ..... Just like "potential" is a dangerous word. At some point you have to actually do the task or accomplish the goal. Unfortunately, CKH has been unable to crack the mystery of how to win against Top 25 teams.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We should fire our coach who lost to the only undefeated team in the country after a 4th year player who has never made a 3 banks in a 3 at the buzzer to win by 1? GTFO.
Not sure i agree with the language. But she actually has lost to the only undefeated team 3 times this year. And had a chance here and for some odd reason chose not to cover the inbounder or the center.

Don't be ridiculous. We were positioned so that the couldn't throw the ball to one of their better players in the paint. Cardosa hasn't made a three all year. So let's not make absurd comments. Powell cost us the game---period.
No coaching did. Call a TO and tell your players what to do. What was, I believe Powell, doing standing in the middle of no where. Players didn’t know what to do because they are not coached well.

I keep seeing the moral participation trophy crowd commenting. Guess the Lady Vols are back because they almost pulled one out of their butt. This coaching staff is pathetic and im so over these blue hair support any old garbage fans. After this season there needs to be a coaching search.
When game started didn’t hear shi& from the blue hairs now they going to say it’s moral victory it’s a damn lose number keeps going up 12 and 35 or 36

I for one am proud of the fight the LVs showed, and the fact that they never gave up. They took the undefeated 30-0 #1 team down to the wire, which no other team has done. The Lady Vols have really picked up their play at the end of the season, and here’s one fan who is excited to see what they can do in the Big Dance.

The worst part is this near miracle comeback gives her and her supporters ammo for why she should get more time

Yep. The argument will be that her coaching got us back in the game and nearly pulled off a huge upset.

If it wasn’t already inevitable that she would be back next season, it is inevitable now. Sad that her supporters will have to witness the absolute train wreck that will be next season to recognize the obvious need for a coaching change.

With that being said, I do feel bad for her. She wanted this one bad and nearly had it. Her shortcomings aren’t for a lack of wanting to get the program back to where it should be.

I’ve never seen a shooter left that open on purpose for a game winning shot especially with a foul to give. A simple foul as soon as she caught the ball and it’s a W for the Good Gurls.
Pizz Poor Coaching on our part. It’s time for a change.
Sure hope Danny saw that. I somehow think he did.

Wrong. We put Key in the paint for a reason--so they couldn't throw it in the paint and get an 12 footer. That was actually very sound strategy.
That said, somebody should have run out to her when it was obvious the ball was going to her. But Powell cost us this game--not that play.
Not having someone, to quote you, run out to her, is a poor coaching decision. You can't leave someone wide open to shoot a game winner.

VN Store

Back