Game Thread: #5 Tennessee (19-11, 10-6 SEC) vs #1 South Carolina (30-0, 16-0 SEC) Saturday 3/9/24 ~4:30 pm ET (ESPNU)

Damn, Dawn, taking a timeout when you're headed toward the halftime with a 20 point lead?

Well, the second quarter was tied at 17 all. Their play is getting better. Do they have enough to come all the way back ?
I would be very surprised, but then again they looked like they were ready to pack up and go home halfway through the 2nd quarter and turned things around a bit. I think Striplin's play was huge - not just scoring but bringing really positive energy off the bench. I saw shades of sophomore-year Puckett for the first time today; she looked really frustrated. As did Rickea and Jillian at times.

Also nice to see Spear playing pretty well against a top team! We are 3-13 from 3 but honestly that's better than either previous game against South Carolina.

South Carolina just physical. Bumps moving screens etc. let #12 drive the lane make her fear the lane 1 time she will erwmbwr it. Gaurs her low not high (shot block) take a charge u know all Staleys players drive the lane

No heart.
I’m at the game. Starting out the gate there was an intimidating factor. SC Crowd is unreal, loud and it seems to affect not only TN but the refs to some extent. Our girls are flying all over the floor and no calls. A lot of frustration. Pushing, shoving by SC but if TN looks at a player a foul is called. We let this game get in their heads. We will see if they can calm down second half. Have to let this stuff happen and keep going.

VN Store

Back