Game Thread: #5 Tennessee (19-11, 10-6 SEC) vs #1 South Carolina (30-0, 16-0 SEC) Saturday 3/9/24 ~4:30 pm ET (ESPNU)

I’m at the game. Starting out the gate there was an intimidating factor. SC Crowd is unreal, loud and it seems to affect not only TN but the refs to some extent. Our girls are flying all over the floor and no calls. A lot of frustration. Pushing, shoving by SC but if TN looks at a player a foul is called. We let this game get in their heads. We will see if they can calm down second half. Have to let this stuff happen and keep going.
Refs don't need a crowd to call game for the team
Tennessee is playing

Reactions: Sportslady
I’m at the game. Starting out the gate there was an intimidating factor. SC Crowd is unreal, loud and it seems to affect not only TN but the refs to some extent. Our girls are flying all over the floor and no calls. A lot of frustration. Pushing, shoving by SC but if TN looks at a player a foul is called. We let this game get in their heads. We will see if they can calm down second half. Have to let this stuff happen and keep going.
I agree with the no calls, but Rickea Jackson is not intimidated by any player, maybe other are but they are nothing to fear. Yes they have a better roster but this is basketball.

Don’t get too excited. Our little comeback was against the scrubs for the most part. We’re playing scared and lack confidence. Need to just rip and run.

VN Store

Back