Game Thread: Fla at Lady Vols; Thurs Jan 11; 7PM; SEC Network ----- Win; 88-81

Whew… double take. Thought that was a score prediction for a second. Thought you had abandoned all hope! 😉
If watch Kellie presser.
She talks about getting off to a better start. No spoiler but I like what she said.

On Sara team plays good when she in there and gives her change to move Rickea Jackson around.

To those who say Kellie's subs are planed before every game. She talks about flow of the game why some get more minutes one game or the other.

Karoline was hitting her practice shots during Kellie interview. Who had a pretty good offense game vs Kentucky. But Kellie made the right call going with Key for Defense in the second half.

Speaking of TK she talks about her continuingly improving

Last edited:
Tennessee 87 Florida 65 Were going to put two halves together someday this could be the game.
Yes I do think Tennessee gets off to a better start. Was also thinking Tennessee can win 20+ points. Just depends on Florida fight the final score.

Have to win this home game next four out of five on the road. Saw what happened to the Vols, Purdue, and Houston men's teams and then number three Kansas last night lost to UCF. Baylor undefeated lost big in women's play to 8 and 7 Kansas. Got to win this one and the Vanderbilt home game and hope we can at least split the four road games all will be tough games.

Have to win this home game next four out of five on the road. Saw what happened to the Vols, Purdue, and Houston men's teams and then number three Kansas last night lost to UCF. Baylor undefeated lost big in women's play to 8 and 7 Kansas. Got to win this one and the Vanderbilt home game and hope we can at least split the four road games all will be tough games.
Watching yesterday morning the 6 6 big of Florida hit floor on offense vs Vanderbilt . Then two or so times down the court . The Florida center was on defense . She hit floor in pain no contact . Must been where hit floor on offense. They took her to the locker room. She came back leg wrapped. Did play in the second half. Going by she laid in pain . And needed help off the court. Don't think Florida center can play vs Vols. Hope she can or if she can't she gets better soon. Happened just before Vanderbilt university and Florida half time.

Watching yesterday morning the 6 6 big of Florida hit floor on offense vs Vanderbilt . Then two or so times down the court . The Florida center was on defense . She hit floor in pain no contact . Must been where hit floor on offense. They took her to the locker room. She came back leg wrapped. Did play in the second half. Going by she laid in pain . And needed help off the court. Don't think Florida center can play vs Vols. Hope she can or if she can't she gets better soon. Happened just before Vanderbilt university and Florida half time.
Pain laid off court is Vanderbilt university history. Pray no contact okay !!!

Pain laid off court is Vanderbilt university history. Pray no contact okay !!!
She was on the floor two minutes in pain . She laid on court. Then they help her off the court her leg was still hurting her. Florida just said she was out lower leg injury .

Yes it would nice volsnation pray for the Florida big girl.

Last edited:

Looked like she was playing through something already. I also do not expect her to play today. If she does I expect she will be limited both in minutes and physically on the court.

In the minutes she did play at Vandy she was struggling compared to how she’s looked earlier this season.

Big loss for them if she’s out. Absolutely affected the outcome of the Vandy game. Vandy could not have contended with her size but she just could not go. Florida does not have any size to bring in to replace her when she is out.

Last edited:
Her last two posts on Instagram. Take from that what you will. Does look like she traveled with the team and isn’t wearing any sort of brace in her hotel picture. Still would be surprised to see her going 100% today.

Attachments

• IMG_4443.png
    IMG_4443.png
    354.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4444.png
    IMG_4444.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 15
LV 51- Gators 50.

Lord if we only score 50 I won’t survive lol. And we won’t win.

No way this team holds anyone to under 60. We better hope to score 80 in about every game or our chances are low this season. We’ve only held one opponent, Liberty, to under 60. They scored 55 in a blow out victory for us.

Lord if we only score 50 I won’t survive lol. And we won’t win.

No way this team holds anyone to under 60. We better hope to score 80 in about every game or our chances are low this season. We’ve only held one opponent, Liberty, to under 60. They scored 55 in a blow out victory for us.
Now rim protector key will play 20 plus minutes.
Defense looks good the last two games with her in the game.

Now rim protector key will play 20 plus minutes.
Defense looks good the last two games with her in the game.

She completely changes us defensively. So great to see guards try to go in the paint and turn right back around or eat their shot for lunch. I have missed TK so much. She’s my favorite on the team just in terms of personality and heart. Has been for a couple years, seems like such a genuinely sweet person.

Looked like she was playing through something already. I also do not expect her to play today. If she does I expect she will be limited both in minutes and physically on the court.

In the minutes she did play at Vandy she was struggling compared to how she’s looked earlier this season.

Big loss for them if she’s out. Absolutely affected the outcome of the Vandy game. Vandy could not have contended with her size but she just could not go. Florida does not have any size to bring in to replace her when she is out.
Kyle's leg get rolled on at the defensive end at 36:28/3:04 and she does not get up until the return to that side ( I believe that this is where the actual injury happens),,,,then at 38:40/2:26 she goes down moving laterally (with no one contacting her)...This looks to me like a weak ACL, judging by the way she got up and the way knee gave way without contact moving laterally.

I'd say (IM non-medical O) that if we see her at all she will be donning a brace

Kyle's leg get rolled on at the defensive end at 36:28/3:04 and she does not get up until the return to that side ( I believe that this is where the actual injury happens),,,,then at 38:40/2:26 she goes down moving laterally (with no one contacting her)...This looks to me like a weak ACL,,,the way she got u p and the way knee gave way without contact moving laterally.

I'd say (IM non-medical O) that if we see her at all she will be donning a brace

She has bad knees to begin with. I believe she’s had both ACLs repaired once already? She missed time at Purdue rehabbing her knees.

Could just be a Kelly Cain situation where the joint is worn out and she’s tall and her poor knees can’t support that anymore.

Reactions: Coach Jumper

VN Store

Back