Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

Looks like Lady Vols are going to hold on for victory..

If RJ is hurt AGAIN and out any amount of time eh well we know the ending to that movie...

They didn’t just hold on to a win.. they beat a rival team in a poorly officiated game.
Nothing you say or anyone else is going to diminish how Tennessee has turned it around and can win games with that 5 on the court.
This team is not based on any one player and that is not a negative thing to say.
Rickea is a great player but this team has the talent top to bottom.

Their passing sucks. 4 bad passes in the beginning of the 4th qtr made a game of it.

The standard Pat Head Summit created for women's BB just cannot be replicated. All hard nose coaching. Sloppy win but I will take it...

They didn’t just hold on to a win.. they beat a rival team in a poorly officiated game.
Nothing you say or anyone else is going to diminish how Tennessee has turned it around and can win games with that 5 on the court.
This team is not based on any one player and that is not a negative thing to say.
Actually, finished the game with the biggest lead (9) of the game & without their go to player.

Opinion Board but glad you chimed in..

If you still think this is a great team without RJ, maybe you're as delusional as I am..

Have a good day.

Their passing sucks. 4 bad passes in the beginning of the 4th qtr made a game of it.

The standard Pat Head Summit created for women's BB just cannot be replicated. All hard nose coaching. Sloppy win but I will take it...

Yes, turnovers are always a problem with us....

You can't compare teams today to Summitt's teams. Women's basketball was very different for most of Summitt's career. Players and teams
were very limited offensively, which is precisely why we won so many games strictly with defense and rebounding.

Good win against a good, well-coached Vandy team. Not sure what happened to Jackson, but our guards came through in the 4th quarter--
especially Powell, plus Jewell and Darby hit key treys in the quarter. Powell's aggressiveness and leadership have been a major asset this
season--very nice to see, and we need it.

Totally agree. Powell's hustle, stamina and leadership the whole game was fantastic. Really needed it as Wynn struggled to get in her groove.

Give Harper credit today. She was quicker to take someone out when they didn't contribute and she used her TO's at the right time. Credit to the players in the 4Q esp.

re: Ralph, yes, a well coached team, but I question whether we should question her decision not play Pissott & Makurat together in the last two mins, especially when they were down and clearly could have used a three

I don't think it was anykind of leg injury with Rickea maybe just cramps or dehydration which can happen when you play the minutes she played in the first three quarters. Probably still not to total game shape after that long time out. Just hope to see her back for Ole MIss in a week.

Reactions: coy moore
Yes, turnovers are always a problem with us....

You can't compare teams today to Summitt's teams. Women's basketball was very different for most of Summitt's career. Players and teams
were very limited offensively, which is precisely why we won so many games strictly with defense and rebounding.
The passing of Puckett, Striplin, and Darby were about half of them . Jill fumbled away two or three. Other than that about a normal game of turnovers.

VN Store

Back